I think I’m going to start a new Friday series called “Friday Free-For-All.” It feels like at least once a week I have a bunch of random tidbits to share that aren’t quite enough for a post all on their own. I know a lot of you participate in “Friday Five,” but that’s a little too restrictive for me. What if I only have 4 things to write about? What if I have 9?? Having a Free-For-All means I can write about as many or as few things as I need to. And so, without further ado…
1. It’s my birthday! Woo! That’s right–today is the day we celebrate my birth. I love celebrating my birthday, and this year is going to be a good one. Already this week I’ve gotten engaged and hit my fundraising goal for Saturday’s 5k. Still to come are dinner with Ben tonight at Vermont Tap House (wood-fired pizza and awesome beer selection), the Vermont Respite House 5k tomorrow morning (which my parents are going to come watch), and my Cinco de Mayo-themed birthday party tomorrow night. There will be tacos and we’re getting a keg and Ben has promised to wear a sombrero. Lots of birthday win 😀
2. Speaking of the Vermont Respite House 5k... I’m still really excited for this race, but not so excited about the weather. It’s looking like 70ish degrees with a 70% chance of rain. Booo. Oh well. I guess a warm rain is better than a cold, yucky rain.
3. I share my birthday with Billy Joel. Billy Joel has been one of my favorite musicians since I was very small. My family used to listen to his music all the time on car trips, and any time one of his songs come on the radio, I crank it and sing along. “The Entertainer” was on while I was driving in to work this morning and it put a huge smile on my face.
4. I got an awesome tech shirt for free! I’m running the Vermont Corporate Cup Challenge and State Agency Race with some of my coworkers next week, and the company got everyone in the office awesome shirts. It’s super comfy and really light-weight. I wore it for my run on Tuesday afternoon and I already know it’s going to be one of my favorites–it’s a really awesome blue color!
5. Ugly Race Pics. I had already found this Tumblr on Wednesday afternoon, and then one of my fave bloggers, Salt, posted about how her race pics from her most recent race were actually decent (which is apparently not the norm for her, which I can’t really imagine since she’s gorgeous), and I decided I had to share. Do yourself a favor, and head on over to Ugly Race Pics. You’re sure to spend a few minutes chuckling, while fervently praying that you never see your own face.
6. My friend is applying to work for my company. Rebecca and I met as temps a few months ago and she’s awesome, and now there’s a chance that we’ll get to work together again. She shares my love of Mexican food, cats, and musical theater, plus she’s an extremely competent candidate for the position, so needless to say, I’m super stoked!
I hope you all have a fantastic weekend! I know I’m going to 😀
How do you celebrate your birthday?