Welcome to another edition of Manic Monday, where I recap the previous week, and set out goals for the upcoming week.
Scheduled cross-training day.
- 30 minutes elliptical, level 10 on hill setting, and reverse mode
- 1×12 leg press with 90 lbs
- 2×12 leg press with 180 lbs
I wanted to do more leg work, but every time I looked, the squat racks were all taken, and the free weights area was a zoo. Nevertheless, it was a good workout, and my legs were very tired by the end.
Scheduled run day. My legs were really tired and a bit sore from Monday’s workout, but I knew I had to run since I wouldn’t be able to Wednesday, and had a race Thursday. I ended up doing 2.6 miles, because I was messing with my route a lot, trying to avoid other pedestrians and traffic crossings.
Scheduled cross-training day. Unfortunately, it didn’t happen today. It was our last day of house-sitting for Ben’s parents, and as a thank you, they wanted to cook us a nice dinner and hang out.
Race Day–VT Corporate Cup Challenge. It was a hot, humid evening, so it was one of my slowest 5k times ever, but I really don’t mind. I had an awesome evening with my coworkers, and got to have beer and chili afterwards–yum!
Scheduled rest day. My coworker is moving to Tennessee, so we went out to the Farmhouse for a late lunch/early dinner. Then we went to another coworker, Kari’s, house to help finish off a keg of Switchback (don’t mind if I do!), and then out to see April’s husband’s band play their last gig. It was a good night, but we didn’t stay out too late because I had a long run scheduled for Saturday morning.
9 mile run on the schedule. This went surprisingly well. I was tired from Friday night’s festivities, but managed to finish in a respectable amount of time, and I didn’t want to die the whole time. My left calf was SUPER tight after though. Then, Saturday night, I attended a bachelorette party. Needless to say, it was a late night with lots of drinking .
Scheduled rest day. I slept in until 11, which is ridiculous. Then it was lots of cleaning, meal planning and grocery shopping. We also went to Oakledge Park to meet up with some friends. They all played ultimate frisbee and kickball while I lounged in the sun and read. It was glorious.
So, how did last week’s goals turn out?
- Continue taking the stairs Check! I took the elevator once just because it was right there, but other than that I was good
- Take care of my foot. Check! I would say foot is about 99% well, so I’m feeling really good about this
- 10 push-ups every day. Eh, not so great. I did them some days, but not others.
- Run in the morning once we’re done house-sitting. Last Thursday would have been my first early morning run, but I had a race in the evening, so I deferred. Right now, my run days are Tuesday and Thursday, so we’ll see how it goes tomorrow
Goals for this week:
- Actually do pushups. I may need to set an alarm or something…
- Run in the morning. Tuesday and Thursdays at least, maybe more if I feel like it
- Focus on nutrition. This is a multifaceted thing, but basically I need to watch what I eat more. I’m going to start using My Fitness Pal again, and try to back off on the sweets and the booze. I’ve gained some weight over the last few months and it feels yucky. Not to mention the fact that with proper nutrition, I will likely be a better, faster runner.
So overall, last week was a good training week. After my long run on Saturday, I’m feeling much more confident about the whole half marathon thing. I figure if I can run 9 miles, I can most likely run 13.1. I have 4 more weeks of training, and I’m scheduled to get up to 11 miles prior to the half, so by that point, I should be more than ready.
I’m trying to be a good blogger and get some more interesting/informative posts together this week. It’s tough to be organized, though. I plan to at least have my VT Corporate Cup Race Recap ready to go this afternoon, along with a long run fuel review, and maybe an app review as well. We’ll see!
What did you get up to this weekend?
Do you track your calories/meals? If so, what app/website do you use?