Welcome to another edition of Manic Monday, where I recap the previous week, and lay out goals for the upcoming week. Please remember that unless otherwise noted, I’m walking or biking the 2 miles to work every week day, and sometimes home again as well, in addition to whatever workout is listed.
I know, I know, it’s Tuesday, not Monday. But I had a jam-packed weekend and by the time I got home, I just didn’t feel like logging in. So just pretend with me 🙂
Scheduled cross-training day.
- Squats: 1 x 10 @ 20 lbs; 1 x 10 @ 30 lbs; 1 x 10 @ 50 lbs
- Leg Press: 1 x 12 @ 90 lbs; 2 x 10 @ 180 lbs
- Bent over row: 3 x 12 @ 15 lbs
- Biceps curl: 3 x 10 @ 10 lbs
- Push ups: 10 on knees
- Various abs exercises and stretching – 10 minutes
Scheduled 3 mile run. Ben joined me for a 3.2 mile run at 5:30 am. I actually really enjoyed running early in the morning. Firstly, there was less traffic to deal with, and secondly, it meant that after work I could just come home, cook dinner, and hang out instead of having to squeeze in a run.
Scheduled cross-training day. Other than walking to and from work, I didn’t do a workout today. I’m overtired and I haven’t been sleeping well, so I decided to just take it easy.
Scheduled 3 mile run. Ben and I went for another 3.2 mile, 5:30 am run. Our new plan is to get up at 5:30 every work day. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, we will run, and on the other days we’ll actually be able to take it easy before work–hang out, have a cup of coffee together, watch the news etc. I’m very excited about this, especially because my body seems to be programmed to wake up at dawn these days.
Friday – Sunday
No workouts, but much fun was had. I’ll be putting together a Memorial Day weekend post for tomorrow so you can see what we got up to!
As for last week’s goals, I didn’t do as well as I would have liked.
- Actually do push ups. I did them more than I didn’t, but I still didn’t do them every day
- Run in the morning. Done!
- Focus on nutrition. Doing better. Logging my eats has been helping, but I still need more protein and more veggies, and less sugar. This weekend was tough, but I definitely did better than I could have, so I’m not going to stress out over it.
And some new goals for this week:
- Continue morning running. It works, I like it, and it leaves my evenings free
- Don’t skip the long run. The half is only a little over a month away, so I’d like to get into the double digits a few times just to feel better about the whole thing. I didn’t do a long run this weekend because we were traveling, so I need to get it in this week.
On the whole I’m feeling pretty good about my training. I know there are some things I could be doing better, but I’m confident at this point that if I keep doing what I’m doing, I should be able to at least finish the half, even if I have to take some walking breaks.
What are your goals this week?