Friday Free-For-All (Five)

Welcome to Friday Free-For-All, where I talk about anything and everything on my mind.  Sometimes, it even makes sense!

#FlatsFriday:  Hosted by the super awesome Susie at SuzLyfe.  These are my favorite flats–they’re by Toms.  Super comfy and durable!

Photo Jun 20, 8 46 15 AM

Ben:  This has been an exciting week for Ben.  He finally (thank god) got a summer job, doing construction.  Monday was his first day, and it seems to be going well.  He gets along with the guys, and enjoys working outside, doing hard labor all day.  He’s going to be so jacked by the end of the summer!

Hehe, I couldn't resist!

Hehe, I couldn’t resist!

Also, he has been accepted to the Teacher Apprenticeship Program he applied to– he’ll start in August.  He’s already hooked up with a mentor teacher and everything!  I’m so excited that he’s making this career shift 🙂

This weekend will be the first in several, and the only for a while, that Ben and I are both home and don’t have anything planned–no road trips, no races, no vacations, no nothing.  I’m really excited to just relax around the house for a while, maybe do some cleaning, and bust out our window AC unit–it’s getting hot and humid in New England!  And do my FINAL LONG RUN BEFORE THE HALF of course.  Holy crap.

Trouble in paradise.  Ben and I are living with my sister.  We’re currently having a financial dispute that will most likely result in either her or us (or both) having to move, and that’s a logistical and financial nightmare that I can’t even begin to consider right now without a major panic attack.  I’ll probably talk more about this in the coming week, but it looks like we’ll probably be moving back in with his parents…

What are the rest of you educators up to this summer?

Have you ever lived with a sibling (not in your parents’ home)?  How did it work out?

15 thoughts on “Friday Free-For-All (Five)

1. Kimberley@Black Dog Runs Disney says:

My brother moved in with me and it was a love/hate thing. Loved having the company, hated the fact that he is the world’s BIGGEST slob. But we made it work once I told him if he didn’t confine his crap to his room, I was going to start throwing my cats at his head. HARD. Hope it works out for you with minimum stress involved!

Good luck with getting the logistics sorted out. Maybe UPS could help? They do logistics… but seriously, mixing family and serious matters like money is both the best and worst thing ever. And let me know if you Ben turns into that guy. If so, we are going into business bottling and selling that.

3. prettylittlerunner says:

First of all, I. love.those.shoes!!!! super cute!

As of right now I’m just going to enjoy the summer and see what happens… I MAY try to get something part time just to help with my shopping addiction..lol

I haven’t lived with a Sibling perse… Michael owns a two family with his brother (which I advised against upon purchasing) and it has kind of been a nightmare since day 1… I know it can be tough, hang in there!

Thanks for the kind words! I’m sure we’ll figure it out. We’ve lived with Ben’s parents before, and it works, so at least we have a backup plan.

Awesome #FlatsFriday! 🙂 Yay to Susie for hosting!

And that is too bad with family/finance stuff … never lived with anyone after moving out of my parents house after college … can’t imagine it would go well knowing either of our families … ugh sorry about having to deal with that.

Thanks, Mike! I’m sure we’ll get it all figured out. Honestly, it might be a blessing in disguise anyway, since Ben won’t be working while doing the teaching program.

5. The Secret Life Coach says:

Congratulations to Ben! Also, I love your Toms! They are so cute. I’m going to have to go surf the Toms site now 🙂 I’m sorry to hear about your financial dispute…those are never fun. I hope that everything works out for everyone involved. Never fun to fight over money. 😦

It’s a tricky situation, for sure. And it’s hard to fight with family. Sometimes I wish we could just go back to the barter system–I have plenty of crap to trade! 😉

6. dnardi710 says:

I haven’t lived with a sibling, but my husband and I are currently living at my dad’s house to save some money (damn NY is so expensive!) and for the most part it’s been fine, but I we’re really at the point where we’re itching to have our own space. The hunt is on for our own place, but it’s soooo frustrating! : (

It’s really hard to balance the financial side of things. We’d obviously prefer to be in our own place, but we just can’t afford it-especially with Ben going into his apprenticeship program.