Well, I must be doing something right–I received four, count ’em, FOUR separate nominations for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award, and a third Liebster nomination! Either that, or people just feel really sorry for me… But I’m pretty sure it’s the former 😉
How it Works:
- Thank and link back to the blogger(s) that nominated you: Thanks Susie, Mike, Colby and Tina, and Tantra!
- List the rules
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 other inspiring blogs
- Optional: display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
So, now you get to read some random stuff about me. And I promise, it’s random.
1. I belch like a man. Seriously. I call it my special talent, and I’ve been doing it since I was a really small girl. I’ve made car windows rattle. While I was in SF, I belched at a bar and a guy turned to me and said, “That was you? I thought it was a 500 lb man!” So yeah, that’s me! I sound like a large man.
2. I am ridiculously punctual. I’d rather be 15 minutes early than 2 minutes late. Unfortunately, the rest of the world is not on my wavelength, and I often end up waiting around for other people.
3. I have 4 tattoos, but I want lots more. They’re kind of like Pringles–once you pop, you can’t stop!
4. I recently discovered that I don’t really like peanut butter. I know, I know, for a runner this is absolute blasphemy. I tried for a long time to like it, and ate it because I knew it was good for me, and it was cheap and easy (oh god, I feel a “your mom” joke here), but I just don’t like it. I’ll eat peanut butter with chocolate, but plain peanut butter kinda makes me gag. Which is sad.
5. I was once an accidental arsonist. Long story short, some friends and I tried to have a “bonfire” in a dry field on a windy day. Within 60 seconds, half the field was on fire. We had to call the fire department to put it out. I ran away from the scene, sobbing, and confessed to my mother. I was grounded for 2 weeks and learned a very valuable lesson.
6. My first taste of alcohol outside my parents’ home was Malibu coconut rum. I was hanging out with a girl who was significantly older because we were in a musical together. I was 16, and I thought it was gross, but played it totally cool.
7. My first word other than “mama” or “dada” was “triangle.” As my mom tells it, I was watching Sesame Street and that was the word of the day. She brought my bologna to me sliced in triangle shapes, and I proudly said “whygeegoo” while pointing at my plate. Mom: “No, honey, that’s bologna.” Me: “Whygeegoo, whygeegoo,” while frantically pointing from the bologna to the dancing triangles on the TV. It apparently took her a while to comprehend that “whygeegoo” meant triangle. And then she was quite chuffed that her baby had tackled such a difficult word.
So many of my favorite blogs have already been nominated at least once, if not multiple times, so I’m trying to spread the love around a bit. I follow a lot of really amazing blogs, so I can’t list them all, but here are a few great ones!
- Running Southern
- Green Mountain Life<–I finally found another VT blogger!
- Sneaks and Stilettos
- Black Dog Runs Disney
- Prairie Princess Runners
- Despite My Pancreas
- Secret Life Coach of DC
- Healthy, Simple, Smart
- Jess Runs Happy
- Let’s Go Running
- My First 5k and More
- Pink Elephant on Parade
- Run Away with Me
- The Blonder Side of Life
- Slow and Steady(ish)
And then, of course, there’s the Liebster. The lovely Kari at Green Mountain Life nominated me for my third Liebster this year. Since I’ve already had a couple of go-arounds, I’m not going to send it around again. But I’d like to thank Kari for the nomination, and I encourage you to go check out her blog! I’m so excited to have found another VT blogger/runner!
Are you a belcher?
Do you have any tattoos?