Very Inspiring Blogger Award and Even More Liebster!

Well, I must be doing something right–I received four, count ’em, FOUR separate nominations for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award, and a third Liebster nomination!  Either that, or people just feel really sorry for me…  But I’m pretty sure it’s the former 😉

Inspiring

How it Works:

• Thank and link back to the blogger(s) that nominated you:  Thanks Susie, Mike, Colby and Tina, and Tantra!
  • List the rules
  • Share seven facts about yourself
  • Nominate 15 other inspiring blogs
  • Optional: display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.

So, now you get to read some random stuff about me.  And I promise, it’s random.

1.  I belch like a man.  Seriously.  I call it my special talent, and I’ve been doing it since I was a really small girl.  I’ve made car windows rattle.  While I was in SF, I belched at a bar and a guy turned to me and said, “That was you?  I thought it was a 500 lb man!”  So yeah, that’s me!  I sound like a large man.

2.  I am ridiculously punctual.  I’d rather be 15 minutes early than 2 minutes late.  Unfortunately, the rest of the world is not on my wavelength, and I often end up waiting around for other people.

3.  I have 4 tattoos, but I want lots more.  They’re kind of like Pringles–once you pop, you can’t stop!

Photo Jun 08, 11 56 02 AM

4.  I recently discovered that I don’t really like peanut butter.  I know, I know, for a runner this is absolute blasphemy.  I tried for a long time to like it, and ate it because I knew it was good for me, and it was cheap and easy (oh god, I feel a “your mom” joke here), but I just don’t like it.  I’ll eat peanut butter with chocolate, but plain peanut butter kinda makes me gag.  Which is sad.

5.  I was once an accidental arsonist.  Long story short, some friends and I tried to have a “bonfire” in a dry field on a windy day.  Within 60 seconds, half the field was on fire.  We had to call the fire department to put it out.  I ran away from the scene, sobbing, and confessed to my mother.  I was grounded for 2 weeks and learned a very valuable lesson.

6.  My first taste of alcohol outside my parents’ home was Malibu coconut rum.  I was hanging out with a girl who was significantly older because we were in a musical together.  I was 16, and I thought it was gross, but played it totally cool.

7.  My first word other than “mama” or “dada” was “triangle.”  As my mom tells it, I was watching Sesame Street and that was the word of the day.   She brought my bologna to me sliced in triangle shapes, and I proudly said “whygeegoo” while pointing at my plate.  Mom:  “No, honey, that’s bologna.”  Me:  “Whygeegoo, whygeegoo,” while frantically pointing from the bologna to the dancing triangles on the TV.  It apparently took her a while to comprehend that “whygeegoo” meant triangle.  And then she was quite chuffed that her baby had tackled such a difficult word.

My Nominations:

So many of my favorite blogs have already been nominated at least once, if not multiple times, so I’m trying to spread the love around a bit.  I follow a lot of really amazing blogs, so I can’t list them all, but here are a few great ones!

And then, of course, there’s the Liebster.  The lovely Kari at Green Mountain Life nominated me for my third Liebster this year.  Since I’ve already had a couple of go-arounds, I’m not going to send it around again.  But I’d like to thank Kari for the nomination, and I encourage you to go check out her blog!  I’m so excited to have found another VT blogger/runner!

Are you a belcher?

Do you have any tattoos?

21 thoughts on “Very Inspiring Blogger Award and Even More Liebster!

Congratulations on your well-deserved award! I love learning more about you. That tattoo ROCKS! (And yes I have a bunch myself…SO addictive.) And I don’t like peanut butter either!! ::high five:: Although I did just learn that I like almond butter. At least in popsicles I do. Great list of nominated bloggers too with lots of new ones for me to check out! 🙂

I’m not a big fan of almond butter either–it’s really grainy. I think I’m going to try sunflower seed butter–it’s cheaper than almond butter, and I LOVE sunflower seeds. Just need to get my tushie over to Trader Joe’s 🙂

2. greenmountainlife says:

Malibu coconut rum gives me nightmares about my one and only spring break in Panama City Beach, Florida. I’m basically dry heaving at my desk just thinking about it…
    Congrats on all your awards, thanks for the VT love! I was trying to explain how exciting it was to find another VT blogger/runner but my (non-blogger) friends just got on this mega-tangent about ‘catfishing’… oh well, I tried 😉

Haha, oh wow. I promise I’m not catfishing you.

Yeah, Malibu, or any coconut rum for that matter, is not my friend. Later in high school all my friends drank Parrot Bay coconut rum, which we referred to as “Peezy Beezy.” Yeah, we were super cool.

3. veryrach says:

LOL horray for burping! I can burp on command which is really useful. I loooove Mailbu Rum, but I remember my first time drinking too and I thought someone had tricked me into drinking rubbing alcohol. yuck. Congrats on all your awards!

First off, you now must give the back story on that tat. Second off, I am a champion belcher as well, or at least used to be. I honestly don’t like pb by itself. Its gotta be on something, preferably oats, ice cream, or toast. Give me cookie dough, that I will eat with a spoon. Hahahaha Triangle. That is amazing.

The anchor is for my mom’s side of the family, cause her dad was in the navy, and the Scottish thistle is for my dad’s side of the family, cause we have Scottish roots (way, way back). So I basically created my own family crest 🙂

5. Amy says:

Thanks for the nomination! Now, let’s see if I can come up with 15 bloggers not already on the list. haha. My favorite random fact is the peanut butter one. Not because I personally have strong feelings about peanut butter and care that you don’t like it, but I think it’s really funny that you just discovered that you don’t like it. I picture you eating your 500th peanut butter bagel in a half asleep haze one morning, and then jumping up and shouting, “You know what? I don’t even like peanut butter!”

Thanks! 🙂 Oof, like Amy said it’s going to be tough coming up with 15 blogs that aren’t on your list and that haven’t been nominated recently. Hmm this will require some work 😉

Malibu was one of my first alcohols too! I had it (legally) in the UK and then when I came back to the States (and was underage again) I got a friend to sneak some into our dorm and we did shots, thinking we were cool. It is pretty gross if it’s not mixed with Coke! Your tattoo is totally awesome, by the way… I love that it’s pretty much your family crest!

7. candies & crunches says:

Ahaha! That is sooo funny… A triangle, who would have known 😀 I also hate being late, but it also drives me bonkers if anyone is late because at that point of time, I’ve been there for at least 15 minutes now ahahah! xoxo Olena

Cool – must have missed commenting on this while on vacation – I remember the tatoo pic.

No tatoos for me – it was totally not ‘a thing’ when I was young like it is now, and I’ve just never had the interest anyway. (or piercings for that matter – though my younger son has one ear done).

Funny about the belching – I am not too bad, and tend to not be an ‘obviously loud’ belcher – but I had bought beer for my brother coming for Thanksgiving, and since he didn’t come it has been ‘my job’ to work through it … definitely more belching these past two weeks 🙂

Yes, tattoos and piercings are definitely a very personal thing. I totally respect people who don’t have them–they’re permanent (or at least the are unless you want to pay a lot of $ and go through a lot of pain to get them off), so why would you do it unless you’re 100% committed and sure?