Friday Free-For-All (Eight)

Welcome to Friday Free-For-All, where I talk about everything and anything on my mind.  Sometimes it even makes sense!

Thank you for all the support and advice after last Friday’s post.  While it’s not ideal to be moving in with one’s in-laws at the age of 28, we’re lucky we have family to take us in when we’re going through a transition, and I know without a doubt that it’s the best decision for us right now.  I’ll just have to keep that in mind as I’m commuting 25 miles through the snow this winter…

I have amazing Accountabilibuddies.  After much crap-giving about how I’ve a) never seen Frozen, and b) never done a runDisney race, they took matters into their own hands and sent me an Amazon gift card so I could buy Frozen on DVD.  Obviously I’m still on my own with race registration.  #poorgirlproblems  And now I need to think of a fun, awesome way to pay it forward 😀  Also, I wish I’d paid extra for next-day shipping.  I wanna watch it now!!!

I got new #FlatsFriday/amazingly comfy work shoes!  Yes, they are Dr. Scholl’s pseudo-old lady shoes, but I totally don’t care.  They’re wide enough for my fat feet, they don’t cut into the tops of my feet (stupid high arches!), and they feel like walking on pillows.  I never want to take them off.

shoes

My bike is out of commission 😦  The chain fell off 3 times during my bike ride home last week, and even when it stayed on, it kept slipping.  Not safe, and not effective transportation.  The timing of my bike’s demise is actually not too bad, considering that starting in September, we’ll be commuting from much further away, which will render the bike obsolete.  In the meantime, however, I’m back to walking to and from work every day, which kind of sucks.  I may see about getting another used bike, but I won’t be paying to fix this one.  Considering it was an inherited bike that wasn’t really a good fit to begin with, and I already shelled out $80 to get it on the road a couple of months ago, it’s dead to me.

This weekend starts back to back wedding weekends.  This weekend in CT, next weekend in Maine.  Oy!  Wish us luck!

What are your plans for the weekend?

14 thoughts on “Friday Free-For-All (Eight)

YAY for #flatsfriday! You know that I have mine on today 😀 Alex and I are finally back on the watching DVD train, and finally watched a movie that we have had from Netflix for MONTHS, and Frozen is up next YESSSHHHH. Have fun dancing yourself silly at the weddings!

2. kebe51 says:

YOU HAVE TO TELL US ALL THE INSTANT YOU FINISHING WATCHING FROZEN! And then you can become obsessed like some of us…OK, I clearly am. And no ifs, ands, or buts, Wine & Dine 2015 DO EET!

Those shoes look and sound amazing, pseudo-old lady style or not! I’ve reached the age where I quite love pseudo-old lady shoes because they’re so dang comfortable. My stupid feet can’t handle the hip, stylish ones anymore. Which makes me sad, but I’m embracing the change.

Good luck with your wedding extravaganzas! A few years ago I had 8 weddings in 1 summer, with 5 in the same month, and 2 in one weekend. I was pretty much done with weddings after that.

4. kelsnsher says:

Even though your chain fell off, I need to pick your brain/your blog for bike tips. I’m lookin into my first bike purchase this fall and literally have no idea where to even start lol

I still haven’t watched Frozen … and we own it on Amazon digital! My younger son wanted it for the marching band trip to Washington DC this spring, so it was easier just to buy it … but we haven’t gotten around to watching it together…

And love the flats – it is all what works!

Definitely should appreciate having some family to live with even if it is not ideal … I brought that up to Lisa when you mentioned it (imagine if we needed to live with OUR parents back then … ) … we had a good chuckle and basically said ‘just shoot me’ 🙂

Haha, I’d rather live with Ben’s folks than mine, as they’re much more relaxed and don’t treat us like guests all the time. Frozen should arrive today–can’t wait to watch!