Friday Free-For-All (Nine)

Welcome to Friday Free-For-All, where I talk about anything and everything on my mind.  This is usually just a great big brain dump, so brace yourselves!

I now have dental insurance!  I’ve officially been with my company for 6 months, which means I now qualify for the dental plan.  I can’t wait to go get my teeth cleaned.  Yeah, I know, I’m a freak.

Surprise!  Another wedding.  We’re off to Maine this weekend.  We’ll be staying with Ben’s Grammy on Little Ossippee Lake Friday and Saturday nights, and then heading into Portland on Sunday for our first Jewish wedding.  Hillary was one of our roommates in college, and she’s marrying her sweetheart, Isaac.  I’m really excited to check out a Jewish wedding.  I REALLY hope they do that chair dance thing!  Unfortunately, due to trying to conserve vacation days, we have to drive all the way home on Sunday night.  Yuck.

Click for Source

Click for Source

We move in 3 weeks.  Holy balls, Batman, that snuck right up on me!  There’s still so much to do, and I feel like it’s never going to get done.  So much packing.  So much cleaning.  Moving sucks.

I SIGNED UP FOR A FALL HALF!  That’s right, I’m officially running the RaceVermont half marathon on November 2.  I’m not sure what to expect.  It’s organized by the same people who ran the Light the Night 5k, and we all know I wasn’t super impressed with that.  Light the Night, however, was a brand new race (which I’ve subsequently learned they will not be doing again), whereas they’ve done this half marathon several times.  It’s limited to 600 runners, there will be medals for finishers, and post race meals provided by Moe’s Southwest Grill.  #willrunforburritoes

Who else is racing in the fall?

Have you ever been to a Jewish wedding?  Did they do the “chair dance”?

17 thoughts on “Friday Free-For-All (Nine)

1. prairieprincessrunners says:

Woot! yay for a new half to train for! 🙂 I am training for the Queen City Half Marathon in Regina, Saskatchewan in September, then the Twilight Zone Ten Miler in WDW in early October and finally the Winnipeg Fire and Paramedic Service 10K with my 80 year old grandmother when I get home from Hawaii and WDW!

I love a good Jewish wedding. And yes, of course they did the chair dance. And it was awesome–so much fun and full of excitement and energy! Yay hooray for signing up for your fall half! So exciting, and I know that you will rock it like THUNDERDOME.
    And good luck packing. I actually don’t mind it–give me a chance to sort through my memories and figure out my next move!

Yay for dental insurance! You’re not a freak… that is an exciting thing 🙂 I’m signed up for the Newburyport Half in October, and a 5K trail race in late September. I’m looking forward to the trail race, but I’m a little terrified about the half!

4. Amy says:

My husband is Jewish, and the first time I danced the Horah (chair dance) was at his sister’s wedding. It was SO. MUCH. FUN. The funnest part of a very fun wedding. Later we did it at our wedding, and I’ve now been to several Jewish (or part jewish) weddings where we danced the Horah. You’re gonna have a blast!

Thanks! I’m hopeful that the weather will be more agreeable than this last one. Of course now that I say that, there’ll be freezing rain that day or something…

5. kebe51 says:

I actually have 5 half marathons in the fall and not training for ANY of them? Why? Because they’re actually my training for the marathon in January…only way to get my ass out of bed for a long run is to give me a medal it seems lol

But yay! Based on how you’re running this summer, I have no doubt you will crush that sub 2:30 goal! 🙂