Friday Free-For-All (Fourteen)

Welcome to Friday Free-For-All, where I talk about anything and everything on my mind.  This is usually just a great big brain dump, so brace yourselves!

I ran a super fast (for me) mile yesterday!  I ran mile 4 of my 4 mile progression run at an 8:49 pace.  This is HUGE for me.  In high school, I barely made a 10-minute mile, and that was only running a single mile.  To be able to pull out that pace at the end of a run is kind of amazing.  I hope I never stop feeling excited about how far I’ve come with my running–I was walking on sunshine (woah, oh!) all night last night.

I’ve got some tough family stuff going on right now.  I can’t go into any details, but suffice to say, it’s very yucky and stressful.  Thank the universe that I’ve got running endorphins, otherwise I would be a very unhappy girl right now.

I’m doing the Color Run tomorrow.  I started a team called Back to the Fuchsia, and originally I had a group of friends who were going to join me.  Two of them bailed, so now it will just be me and my friend Stef.  She’s just getting into running, so it will be a leisurely 5k for me.  It’s not timed anyway, so I don’t have any goals other than to stick with my friend the whole time, take lots of pictures, and have fun 🙂

color-run-

We’re house-sitting again this weekend.  Same place as usual, only this time we get an extra doggy–a lab named Tessie.  We’ve met her before, but never watched her.   It’s all different branches of the same family, which means that Annie and Tessie know each other, so we don’t have to worry about doggy fights or anything.  And as far as I’m concerned, the more dogs, the merrier!

Have you ever done a Color Run?

Anybody else racing this weekend?

18 thoughts on “Friday Free-For-All (Fourteen)

1. veryrach says:

Congrats on your super fast mile #4!! I totally heard the (whoa,oh) in my head haha I hope your family stuff gets worked out alright. Your friend is lucky to have someone who just wants to stick with her for the color run! I wish I had a run buddy sometimes 🙂 esp on a fun run like that.

2. Katherine says:

Yay for your fast mile! I hope I can pull out a fast mile too tomorrow — I’m racing the Fifth Avenue Mile, which is NYC’s biggest one-mile race! Which is good because I’m totally not prepared for anything longer at the moment, ha. All the “normal people” race in heats by age group and then, if I stick around until the early afternoon, I can watch all the pros and their sub-4 miles, or whatever intimidating time they run in!

Awesome job of the fast mile! It feels like such a victory when you hit a milestone like that!

Also, sorry about the family stuff … that ALWAYS sucks! Ugh!

Never run any sort of fun run, but I know everyone raves about them.

Enjoy!

AWESOME MILE GIRL!!! Woohoo!
    I’m also running a race with a friend this weekend – her very first 5k – and I’m gonna push her through it 😀 I hope she catches the running/racing bug from it!

Ooo fun! I think this is my friend’s first 5k too, but it’s hard to push the pace at the Color Run–lots of walkers and babies in strollers.

I hope you and your friend have a blast!

5. greenmountainlife says:

Congratulations on the mile time! That always makes me feel amazing, even when other things in life are yucky. So sorry! I’ve never done a color run but I definitely want to, can’t wait to see your pictures!

Great mile time! That is fantastic! Don’t downplay it for a minute! Soon, that’ll be your regular pace. I have great faith.
    I honestly have no desire to do a Color Run. I don’t feel like being pelted with things while color dust makes it hard to breathe. But then again, I don’t like fun.

Congrats on the speedy mile!! That’s awesome! 😀 And Back to the Fuchsia is a FAB team name, I love it! I’ve never done a color run… I don’t like the idea of people throwing powder in my face as I run, but I can imagine it would be really fun otherwise. Have a great time!

Sadly, I can’t take credit for the name–my friend Paula came up with it when we ran the CR in Boston a few years ago. But yes, it’s the best 😉

Like I said to Suz, they do a decent job of not getting it all up in your face, but sometimes things go wonky. I just slowed down and held my breath a little at the color stations and I was fine.