Friday Free-For-All (Fifteen)

Welcome to Friday Free-For-All, where I talk about anything and everything on my mind.  This is usually just a great big brain dump, so brace yourselves!

FULL DISCLOSURE:  This is a sad post.  I’m wallowing.  I’ll be ok.  We will return to regularly scheduled happy-go-lucky programming as soon as possible.

I am le tired.  There are many, many reasons for this, but none I really want to talk about anymore.  Suffice to say, I’m done with this week.  Physically, emotionally, and in all other ways, D-O-N-E.  I wish I were a black bear and could hibernate for the next 4-6 months and wake up and already be married and not have had to go through any more of the attendant drama.  I’m done.

lilo

I get to see my mama and go wedding dress shopping tomorrow.  That’s pretty much what’s getting me through today.  I need some mom hugs and fancy dresses and people telling me I’m pretty.

I skipped my 4 mile run last night.  Long story short, I just didn’t feel like it.  I’m going to make it up tonight, which should make my long run of 8 miles tomorrow interesting.  Maybe I’ll move it to Sunday?

I had to wear my winter coat this morning.  There was a hard, killing frost last night in Underhill, VT, and it was 32 degrees when I left the house.  It’s September 20.  Whhhhyyy?  Don’t get me wrong, I love fall, I love winter, I love all the seasons, which is one of the reasons I love living in New England so much.  But freezing temps in September is just plain wrong.

46916-doctor-who-shaking-head-gif-ZfKP

What is your favorite stress management technique?  I could use a few right now.

What style was your wedding dress, or what do you want for a wedding dress?

Did you get freezing cold temps last night too?

14 thoughts on “Friday Free-For-All (Fifteen)

It is never bad when a Doctor Who gif is involved! 🙂 Sorry it has been a rough week – and hope that time with your mom will help you refresh.

I’m going home after a long but rewarding conference this week. I actually caught up on all of the new Doctor Who episodes during flights and layovers 🙂 haha

Have a great weekend!

2. kebe51 says:

Awwww sorry, they’re not from mom but *HUGS* You’re so pretty! 🙂

Wedding dress shopping will definitely be fun! I wish I could go again. And I love the Lilo and Stitch snippet and of course that you went with the David Tennant doctor (I never could grow on Matt Smith). Wow, totally just let me nerd side show.

Can I go wedding dress shopping with you? SO much fun. I had a french lace overlay with accordian pleats. Fitted, with a v and mid-low back but sweat heart over the boobage. I adored that dress. By Modern Trousseau. Go in there with an idea, but the most fun part is just being open to what you see!

4. tallulah14 says:

Oh goodness, the Lilo and Stitch GIF made me burst out laughing (thank you for that 🙂 )

As for stress management I rely on:
    – list making (I make lists of things that I know I can accomplish and I mix in some fun ones. The list makes me feel more in control for my life with some fun things to look forward to so I feel like the crappy week will eventually end)
    -a lot of chamomile tea
    -a quick yoga session
    -my favourite music and a treat (and yes, sometimes the “treat” is a whole bunch of ice cream…)
    -sleeping as much as possible!
    -free-writing my thoughts

Wedding dress shopping with your Mumsy will be a lot of fun! My dress was an A-line gown, fitted bodice, sweetheart neckline, corset back, and a corded lace skirt. It was not at all what I was looking for but I loved it once I had it on–funny how that happens.

Hope you get out of your funk soon 🙂

Thank you so much for all the excellent ideas. I’ve been sipping on some herbal tea today, and I made a bunch of lists last night, so I think we’re on the same level 🙂

Your dress sounds lovely! I can’t wait to see what I end up with 😀

5. prairieprincessrunners says:

I hear the Lilo and Stich gif, too! I think I feel the same way about everything…I ate a handful of potato chips and two slices of leftover deli meat because I couldn’t be bothered to cook.

I’m sorry to hear that wedding stuff is getting you down–know we are all here for ya and look forward to giving our 4 cents on your wedding dress selection–i’m sure your mama won’t mind!

Oh and stress relief = hot bath followed by cozying up on the couch with a favourite movie or a favourite book!

6. veryrach says:

Sometimes I want to hibernate too.. Not talk to anyone or go outside into the real world until all the drama and problems have dispersed. Luckily it sounds like some time with your mama will help. My mom is one of the main sources of drama in my life right now, so be thankful you have yours. I miss these kinds of times with my mom : -( When I’m feeling like this though, I usually just turn my phone off for a long time- like all weekend. It’s a good reset and kind of acts like a modern day “hibernation”

Speaking of hibernating – YES it was freezing last night! I had to get out my winter blankets. It sucks! I hope you have a stress-free weekend. Can’t wait to see your wedding dress pics. I binge watch “Say yes to the dress” but have no recommendations for you. I think when you cry that’s how you know it’s the right one lol Good luck chika!

Thank you so much for all of your kind words, and I’m so sorry that things with your mama aren’t the rosiest right now. I do feel very lucky that we have such a wonderful relationship.

The good news about the cold is that it’s good hibernating/snuggling weather! 🙂

I read this post last week but commenting on my phone never goes well… better late than never?

First, sorry to hear things are stressful! 😦 I hope this week is going better. Stress management isn’t one of my best areas haha… usually a cup of tea is my go-to, and a chat with my mom if possible helps too. Or squeezing the crap out of one of those stress ball things! Usually I just get a stomach ache and whine a lot, so that’s not very helpful.

My wedding dress was just a simple one from White House Black Market, and wasn’t technically a wedding dress which made it exorbitantly cheaper 🙂 I hate dresses, so the less fussy the better for me. And it had pockets, which was awesome!

Having cheated and read your Manic Monday post already, I’m happy to see there was ice cream and relaxing, and again I hope this week is going better for you!

Thanks, Dana! Unfortunately, this week is sort of the climax of last week’s stress, but hopefully after tomorrow, things will be better. And I have a nice weekend to look forward to 🙂