Since September, I’ve been doing monthly wrap up and goal posts, so here we go!
What were my goals for the month of October?
- Run at least 55 miles (Nope–32.11)
- Do strength training at least twice (Sort of, a couple of times–push ups and some squats)
- Do yoga at least twice (Not even once)
I’ve already talked about how I was experiencing some general life burn-out and wasn’t super excited about running for a while this month, so it’s no surprise that once again I fell short.
Miles Run: 32.11.
Not bad, but definitely not what I was hoping for. I ended up skipping my last couple of long runs, and a week and a half worth of workouts in general.
Total Number of Runs: 7.
Again, definitely not what I was hoping for. I really should be getting at least 12 runs a month, but it is what it is.
No idea. Like I said last month, I’m not walking to work anymore, so I have no idea what my daily mileage is like outside of that. Maybe I should get a fitbit or pedometer…
Miles Biked: 6.05.
I only had one bike ride this month, but it was a good one. I’m sure November will have more biking in store, since I’m cutting way back on my running mileage.
Miles Ellipticized: 0.72
Only one elliptical trip this month, which is totally fine, because I find it pretty boring.
Let’s be real for a second; I’m getting married in 16 days. This month is going to be just a little bit jam-packed and hectic. I fully recognize that I’m not going to be able to dedicate a lot of time each week to working out, but I do want to make fitness and mental well-being a priority.
- Work out at least 3 times a week, whatever that looks like (running, Body Pump, bike, elliptical, whatever). This is as much for stress management as it is for anything else.
- Try at least one class at my gym. Body Pump. Zumba. Spin. Sh’Bam. Anything. Just do something new.
- Re-calibrate my diet now that I’m not in training. I no longer get to eat allthethings. I may need to track calories again for a few days just to figure out where I’m at.
- On a related note, cut back on the sugar. I’ve been really bad lately, especially with all the leftover Halloween candy that’s floating around the office right now. I need to dial it down and get back to only having one small treat per day.
- Enjoy the build up to the wedding. It will undoubtedly be stressful at times, and there’s still a lot to do, but this is an awesome and exciting thing! I can mitigate stress and panic with to-do lists, the help of my amazing and capable MOH, my Ben, and my family. It will all get done and it will be excellent.
Did you achieve your October goals?
What’s on tap for November?