Today Ben and I are celebrating our first major holiday as husband and wife. It’s weird, but cool. We’re down in Quechee with my family, watching football and watching our waistlines expand before our very eyes.
I know it’s become almost cliche to post/write/talk about things you’re thankful for on this day, but I really have SO MUCH to be thankful for this year. So in no particular order, I’m just gonna mention a few of the things on my mind today.
- My husband (still can’t get used to saying/typing that!), Ben. He is so smart, funny and kind. He is a perfect foil to my craziness and I can’t imagine my life without him. I’m so excited for the lifetime of adventures we have ahead of us.
- My zany family. While we are ridiculously close, we can also drive each other crazy with the best of them. But when the chips are down, we’re there for each other, 100%. This has been a pretty tough year for my family for a variety of reasons, and I’m so glad we’ve been able to rally the troops and come through it like champs.
- My in-laws. Not many people can live with their in-laws for an extended period of time and feel lucky about it, but I do. My adopted family has welcomed me with such love and enthusiasm, and the fact that they’ve generosity let us live with them has allowed Ben to follow his heart and go back to school full time. Also, my new sisters are way cooler than me, and so much fun. I feel so blessed that they are part of my life.
- My “real life” friends (I use this qualifier because I’m going to talk about my online friends in a minute). Over the years, Ben and I have collected a diverse, eclectic, wonderful group of friends. We eat, we drink, we hike, we rock climb, we watch movies, we laugh, we eat some more… It’s awesome to know that we’ve got such excellent people in our lives to spend time with.
- My online friends, particularly my Chewsday Chicas/Team Can-Am. I always used to be incredibly skeptical of my little sisters’ “friends” that they met online. I didn’t understand how one could feel so close to or care so deeply about someone they’d never actually met, but now I totally get it. I had no idea when I started this blog that it would open up a world of caring, talented people that would come to be my friends. Yes, friends, even though I may never have seen their faces in person. We’ve talked almost every single day without fail since June, and I can’t wait until we’re all together for Wine and Dine 2015!
- My job. You’ve all heard me gush about my office and my coworkers before, so I’ll simply sum up and say that even though this job may not be a forever job, these people make every day worth getting out of my nice soft bed, and I am SO grateful for them.
- My cat. I know it’s silly, but Creemee is a special cat. She’s sweet, friendly, and snuggly, and just looking at her cute little face can snap me out of a deep funk. She’s my little furbaby and I love her just as much as a lot of humans (and more than some other humans).
- Running. I’ve always dabbled in running in the past, but I feel like this year I really became a “runner.” It gets me outside, it calms my brain, and it gives me confidence. While I’m sidelined right now with stupid foot pain, I know I’ll be back at it as soon as I’m healthy, and I can’t wait!
- YOU! My blog readers. Thank you for coming back each week and reading all of my ridiculous trials and adventures. Thanks for commenting, for following on Insta and Twitter, and making my little bloggy-blog feel so loved!
What are YOU thankful for?