Friday Free-For-All (Twenty-Three)

Friday

Welcome to Friday Free-For-All, where I talk about anything and everything on my mind.  This is usually just a great big brain dump, so brace yourselves!

I had an audition on Tuesday night!  It’s been a while since I did a show, and I’ve been itching to get back to it lately.  Lyric Theatre, a large local theatre group, had auditions for Legally Blonde the Musical this week, and I’m anxiously waiting to find out whether or not I’ve been cast.  I should know tomorrow–fingers crossed!

My dad got a new job!  You may remember a few months ago I was posting about my family going through some tough stuff.  Long story short, my dad lost his job under some rather shady circumstances (the job situation was shady, not my dad, obviously), and he was unemployed for a while, which is very stressful when my folks have a still-dependent daughter living at home.  This job opportunity seems promising, and it’s in an area in MA where we lived when I was a kid, and the town where my bestie Mandy’s family still lives!  My dad will be commuting back and forth for a while to make sure the job is a good fit before my family considers moving again.  While it would be sad if my parents had to move further away, it would actually be kind of awesome to have my family living in the same place as Mandy’s family, because we’d have more opportunities to see each other around the holidays.

I’m super way behind in my Christmas shopping.  I’m usually much more on top of things, but it’s been a busy fall.  I’ve got a few of the main people done, but I still have a lot to do, and since much of my shopping is done online, it’s crunch time.  I’m planning to dedicate some time to shopping this weekend and hopefully get it done.

I ellipticized last night.  I have been avoiding any activity that involves putting pressure on my feet, but since I’ve been feeling so good the last few days, I decided to try out the elliptical for a while, with the understanding that if anything started to hurt, I’d switch to the bike.  Well, I made it through 45 minutes on the elliptical with no pain, and my foot still feels great today.  Yay!  I’m still going to follow through on my full six weeks of no running, but it’s nice to be able to incorporate some elliptical, because I find the stationary bike mind-numbingly boring.

It’s a full-on winter wonderland here in VT.  It’s been snowing pretty much non-stop for three days.  While it’s beautiful, it’s led to some white-knuckle commutes for me.  Lots of accidents, lots of almost-accidents, lots of slipping and sliding and wondering why I don’t live in Florida with Kim.

Are you getting any snow where you are?

Have you finished your Christmas shopping?

14 thoughts on “Friday Free-For-All (Twenty-Three)

Yay for not feeling any pain!!! It’s so hard to be patient, but I really hope that’s the first great sign for you. Ellipticize away! And good luck on getting a part in your musical and finishing your Christmas shopping! I have done ALL of my shopping online (so much less stress it’s AMAZING!) and just have one person left to find a gift for…. but, I keep seeing things and wanting to get more for people I’ve already gotten something for! Ugh lol…I hate the second-guessing. And then there’s the fact that my boyfriend didn’t start his Christmas shopping yet so I will likely have to help him :/ HAHAHA… oh boy.

1) Is it appropriate in this situation to say break a leg? Or not yet? Either way, my fingers are crossed too!
    2) Congrats to your dad! My fingers are crossed that everything goes well with that too (and yay for MA!) 😉
    3) I’m mostly on top of my Christmas shopping, but likely because I’m crazy and start my shopping wicked early. And I have a secret Pinterest board to keep track of everything. I think I have one present left.
    4) So glad you’re not feeling any foot pain lately!! Mine has been hurting pretty bad this week, out of nowhere, which is freaking me out a little. Or a lot. Hopefully it turns out to be nothing…
    5) We’ve been getting dustings that tend to melt by midday, but enough ice to make morning commutes nice and fun. I always love the first snowfall, then I’m also questioning why we didn’t settle in a nice, temperate climate!

Oo, secret Pinterest board sounds like a great way to organize! I typically make a Google spreadsheet so I can copy and paste websites, keep track of spending, and cross people off as I go.

Really hope you get that part and YAY for the audition!

Also great for no pain on the elliptical! Let’s hope it continues!

Shopping … we’re ~95% done, and I just got a couple more stocking stuffers for Lisa the other day so I am pretty much totally done with her. Whew!

And hearing about your dad stresses me out – glad he got another job! It is really no fun being unemployted with a family at home! (not that it is fun anyway!)

Thanks, Mike. It’s really a relief that my dad got this job–he was so stressed and unhappy. I’m excited to spend time with my normal, happy-go-lucky dad this Christmas 🙂

I am so behind for Christmas, how is it only 2 weeks away? Yay for a good elliptical work out, I always feels like I am going to throw myself into the front of the machine, it feels awkward. Hopefully the new job works out for your dad!

5. irishrunnerchick says:

Glad to hear of pain-free workouts! And I’m so impressed that you put yourself out there to audition – that would terrify me. Break a leg! (metaphorically obviously!) I do almost all my shopping online – I just can’t deal with the crowds – shopping in my sweats with a glass of wine is so much more fun. And congrats to your Dad!

6. Amy says:

Boooo for the snowy commute. I’m definitely not looking forward to that. While part of me hates that it’s so “warm” and not snowy, it’s definitely for the best commute wise.