OHMYGODYOUGUYS!

I’m so fricken’ excited, ya’ll.  I was cast in Legally Blonde the Musical!!

legally blonde cover

I will finally be working with Lyric Theatre again.  I haven’t done a show with them since Seussical the Musical back in 2006.  There are a ton of people I know in the cast and crew, and it’s going to be an absolute blast.

I’m also really excited because the creative team is putting a lot of emphasis on cardiovascular health.  There are a lot of big dance numbers in the show, including one jump roping sequence, so they’re basically like, “Yeah, we’re going to whip you into shape.”  (This is funny because there’s a song in the show called “Whipped Into Shape”)  This will be a perfect opportunity for me to kick my ass into high gear and be a lot more active.  Number one, I will be dancing a lot in rehearsals, which are four times a week.  Number two, I won’t have time to go home between work and rehearsal during the week, but I have enough time to go to the gym and get in an hour long workout.  Number three, three members of the cast are spin instructors, and they’re like, “Yeah, you’re all gonna spin too.”

So yeah, combining my love of theatre with my pretended love of fitness.  It’s going to be great!

Have you ever tried spin?  Did your legs want to fall off after?

34 thoughts on “OHMYGODYOUGUYS!

SO AWESOME! Excellent news! Can’t wait to hear about this as you go forward with the production!

And does spin class involve running? No? Probably not then … 😉 haha

Ahhhhh congratulations!!! That is so awesome!! 😀

The closest I’ve come to spin class is watching Simon Pegg fail at it in ‘Run, Fatboy, Run.” I’m almost certain that my legs would go all jello if I tried it myself!

3. Darlene says:

Congrats! If I lived closer, I’d come see you in it.

No I haven’t tried spinning. i don’t belong to a gym but I’d like to try it. I’m not much of a biker, however. My legs would probably fall off.

You should totally come! It’s going to be awesome!

The chick who plays Brooke Wyndham owns Rev on Flynn Ave, so I’ll probably end up there, but I’ll look into Cyclepath too. Especially if they’re cheaper, cause Rev is like $18 for a drop-in class!

Awesome – congratulations! Sounds like you’ll have a blast! I’ve tried spinning before and it’s a great workout – you’ll sweat like crazy!

5. piratebobcat says:

What tha whaaaaa?!?!? So awesome, congrats!!! Let me know when y’all tour to Dallas 😉
    Yes, I’ve done spin, it hurts, but you do control your own tension on the bikes, so you can cheat there if you need. 🙂