Manic Monday – 03/02/15

Photo Dec 30, 12 48 14 PM

This week was heavy on running and light on cross-training. While that’s definitely ok once in a while, I don’t want that to become the norm. I really love my CXWORX and Body Pump when I can get there, and I want to continue to build my strength for injury prevention.

Monday 02/23/15:  Ran 3 miles on the treadmill and stretched, then lots of jumping rope and dancing at rehearsal

Tuesday 02/24/15:  Rest day

Wednesday 02/25/15:  Speed work–1 mile warm up, 4×400 with 400 recovery in between.

Thursday 02/26/15:  Rest day. Normally I would have gone to CXWORX, but we had a pizza and beer date with some friends instead 🙂

Friday 02/27/15:  Unscheduled rest day. I intended to run, but realized I forgot my sneakers, boo. I actually considered going to Fleet Feet and buying sneakers since I need a new pair to rotate in anyway, but I just can’t justify the purchase right now, so I just relaxed until rehearsal.

Saturday 02/28/15:  “Rest” day. I got to ride the Legally Blonde float in the Mardi Gras parade, and spent  some time running around helping to construct the float beforehand, walking around before and after, and throwing beads to the crowd. I also parked my car many, many blocks from the after party, and had to walk there to get home.

The float as seen from the back.

The float as seen from the back.

My awesome pink wig

My awesome pink wig

Sunday 02/29/15:  First rehearsal at the Flynn theater! I wish I’d taken some pictures, because this theater is beautiful. Fully restored art-deco. It’s great. We rehearsed all of the big dance numbers, including the jump rope number, so I got in several hours of dance and jumping rope.

I’m feeling REALLY worn down today. People at work and in the cast have been getting sick left and right, and I feel like it’s only a matter of time until I succumb. I’m trying to hydrate like crazy and eat well, but I just need more sleep, and that’s hard to come by right now.

The good news is, I have a 4-day work week and a 3-day weekend to look forward to. Ben’s cousin Scott is getting married this weekend, so we’re headed over to Ithaca for the festivities. Other than the wedding on Saturday, we don’t have much to do other than drive, so I’m hoping to catch some car naps and rest up.

Does your town/city celebrate Mardi Gras?

Have you ever gotten to ride a float in a parade?

17 thoughts on “Manic Monday – 03/02/15

I think it’s so awesome you got to ride on the float in the Mardi Gras parade! My city doesn’t do anything for Mardi Gras as far as I know, but we do go all-out for Halloween with a huge parade. Different strokes, I guess! I’ve never ridden on a float, but I marched in the color guard once in middle school. I hope you can get some rest this week and keep the germs at bay!

My high school didn’t have color guard, that’s so cool! Also, a Halloween parade sounds awesome. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and I feel like it’s very under-appreciated.

• dgobs says:

It was actually the only time my school had a color guard… it was weird. Maybe it was an experiment that didn’t go so well? The Halloween parade is pretty fun. I like that my city does it up for that holiday 🙂

If you got float pics please share them!! That sounds like such a blast!
    To my knowledge we really don’t do anything crazy for Mardi Gras around here, but I wish we did! (Or that I knew about it!) It sounds like you had a great week and some fun stuff coming up. Have fun at the wedding!

3. greenmountainlife says:

I totally knew that was you! I should have said hello but by the time I was going to we started marking our spots on the float. I was on the Hotel Vermont “fishing Lake Champlain” float next to the Legally Blonde float, such a good time 🙂

4. Run Colby Run says:

YOU RODE ON A FLOAT IN A HOT PINK WIG!?!?! Post more pics!! That is fantastic!!! Nothing huge around here for Mardi Gras. I wish. I’d totally jump on a float. That is so cool. 🙂

5. piratebobcat says:

Nice job on the workouts, and that’s so cool about the parade! Ha, actually I was in a few parades – one time in high school we told them we were celebrities and they put us in the back of a convertible. I’ve got video of that somewhere!

6. kristenk says:

That’s awesome you got to ride on a float! My students and I were in a parade last weekend in Anchorage and it was so much fun – but we had to walk the whole thing and it was definitely a workout!