Friday Free-For-All – 03/06/15

Friday

I had a random spike in page views on Wednesday. Usually I get anywhere from 40-70 page views per day depending on what I post, but I had 145 on Wednesday! I’m way too techno challenged to figure out what to attribute the spike to, but it may have something to do with the fact that the lovely ladies of The Fairest Run of All included me in their weekly roundup. Thanks, ladies!

My BibRave Pro ambassador kit arrived this week. I got a really nice Asics core singlet with the BibRave logo, a Bibrave Photo Mar 03, 5 19 46 PMkoozie, and some temporary tattoos. If I had any doubt at all that I was going to love being a BibRave Pro, it was completely washed away when I realized that their signature color is orange. Hello, MY signature color is orange! Match made in heaven. I wore the singlet for a 4 miler on Wednesday, and it’s perfect. Lightweight, comfortable, doesn’t ride up over my tummy, and minimal chafing (which can be mitigated with Body Glide).

We’re getting a heat wave next week! And by that, I mean than the high temps are above freezing–high 30’s and low 40’s for most of the week, Hallelujah! That in combination with daylight savings time starting this weekend means OUTDOOR RUNNING NEXT WEEK YAAAAAY!!!

I’m not at work today, wheee! Ben, his parents and I are off to a family wedding in Ithaca, NY. We’ll be staying with Aunt Amy and Uncle Harry in their gorgeous old farmhouse, with a full complement of cousins. It should be a blast. I’m also grateful to have a 3 day weekend, and 3 full days off from rehearsal. I’m exhausted!

Have you ever had a random spike in blog hits? What do you attribute it to?

Do you use BibRave to find and write race reviews?

When is the last time you ran outside?

12 thoughts on “Friday Free-For-All – 03/06/15

1. Amy says:

I’ve never heard of bib rave, but now I know about it, I’ll have to check it out! (They obviously made a good choice picking you as ambassador.)

I haven’t run outside since January 1st, I’m thinking it may be April before I venture back out. Too many big snow piles obstructing the sidewalks for my liking.

Yeah, I remember living in the Boston area, sidewalks were always a challenge. Here in VT they seem to do a better job of keeping them clear, at least in the city.

My friend Erica once had a CRAZY spike in blog hits (like several thousand)_ because CBS started doing a Friday Finds segment and people ended up at her site! It was hilarious. Hurray for being a BR ambassador and getting your uni. SO OFFICIAL

3. kebe51 says:

Ithaca?!?! That’s so close! You should just drive down the extra 4(?), 5(?) hours to NYC and visit me! 🙂

Enjoy the heat wave! Hopefully it will make a small dent in all this white stuff we got on the ground.

Like you, I am BEYOND EXCITED about our “heat wave” next week! Hooray for running outside! 🙂 It’s been over a month since I’ve run outside and almost 3 months since I was running outside regularly. Enjoy your break and time in Ithaca!

That BibRave singlet is ace! The Shammies singlet I have is an Asics Core too and I love it. The orange is perfect! 🙂 I’ve had one or two days with random spikes in blog hits (not as high as yours though!). One was when a race director found my race recap and posted it on facebook, and the other is a total mystery thanks to Google blocking the search terms. I wish I knew!