Friday Free-For-All – 02/20/15

Friday

It’s official–I’m going to Disney World!ย Those of you who follow me on Instagram or Twitter already saw this, but I was one of the lucky people able to get into the runDisney Wine & Dine half marathon before it sold out. I’m SO FREAKIN’ EXCITED! This will be my first runDisney race, my first destination race/racecation, and I will finally get to meet the ladies of Team Can-Am (minus Lisa, sadface). I feel very fortunate that my bonus this year will pay for the trip in its entirety, so I don’t have to stress about money and can just enjoy myself. I can’t wait!

I still haven’t decided whether or not I’m racing tomorrow. In case you missed yesterday’s post, I’ve got a chest cold. Lots of nasty stuff is stuck in my lungs, my throat hurts, and my sinuses are all plugged up. None of these conditions are great for running a race. I’m feeling a bit better today, but still not sure I’m well enough to run 6.2 miles in the snow/rain. Rehearsal tonight will probably be a good indicator, since we’re doing a ton of jump rope and dance stuff. If I can’t breathe inside in a nice, warm dance studio, it will probably be even worse in the damp and cold.

Star Wars marathon continues tomorrow. Back on Valentine’s Day, Ben and I started a Star Wars marathon with our friends David and Alex, but we only got through two movies. So after the race (if it happens), I’ll snag a hot shower and change of clothes, and then we’ll spend the remainder of the day eating, drinking, and Star Wars-ing. This will be a great consolation prize if I end up not being able to run.

Who else is running Wine and Dine? I’m so excited to possibly meet all of you!

22 thoughts on “Friday Free-For-All – 02/20/15

1. Brittany says:

A Disney Race is definitely on my bucket list, and I’m so excited for you to Wine and Dine!!
    And ah, I hope your race tomorrow (whether you participate or not) goes well- running sick can go either way, make you feel like a million bucks, or drag you back down into feeling awful. Sometimes, it’s definitely not worth the gamble (but sometimes it is!). I hope whatever you do works for you!!
    And ah, Star Wars. I should probably introduce my fiance to that soon… O_O

Yay Disney World!! I’m going to run Wine & Dine one year – don’t know when yet, but I will! I hope you love it.
    Star Wars sounds like a perfect consolation prize ๐Ÿ™‚ I think Return of the Jedi is my favorite – I really just can’t resist the ewoks!

So excited for you! It sounds like a game time decision for you for the race. I think that you are ok to run if it is above the neck (again, not a doc), but don’t blow yourself out. Star Wars is always a good subsitute for anything. And a hot toddy.

I WISH I was running Wine & Dine! So excited for you!! Disney races are so darn hard to get into. ๐Ÿ™‚ I agree with Suz….just go with the above the neck rule. I hope that you end up getting to race though!

5. Amy says:

Wine and Dine is the Disney race I most want to run. I can’t wait yo hear all about it (even though its months away)! And, here’s hoping some jump rope and Friday magic heals you for the race!

6. Britsrundisney says:

My husband and I are running wine and dine for the first time this year too (first half and first race at disney) we are so excited! Hope the next 7 months of training goes well for you!