Manic Monday – 03/30/15

Photo Dec 30, 12 48 14 PM

Week one of no running, giving my shins a break while I jump rope like a crazy lady during the final weeks of Legally Blonde rehearsals and shows.

Monday 03/23/15:  Lunchtime walk. 40 minutes, 2.6 miles. Then plenty of jumping rope and dancing at rehearsal.

Tuesday 03/24/15:  Lunchtime walk. 51 minutes, 3.36 miles. After work I didn’t do much other than help with dinner and relax.

Wednesday 03/25/15:  Lunchtime walk. 47 minutes, 3.25 miles. Rehearsal was more jumping and dancing. And then I stayed out way too late getting my karaoke on and celebrating my friend Erik’s birthday.

Thursday 03/26/15:  Rest day. Ben and I cooked dinner and I went to bed at 9 pm to recover from Wednesday night’s shenanigans.

Friday 03/27/15:  Rest day. Rehearsal was a long night, and then we had to celebrate Ben’s graduation, so we stayed up late drinking beers and listening to music.

Saturday 03/28/15:  Rest day. I’m not ashamed to say that I slept until noon. I can’t remember the last time I slept that late, but I know I needed it. I spent the day doing laundry, cleaning, and knitting. Ben’s parents went out to dinner, so Grammie made dinner and we played cards until a reasonable bed time of 11 pm.

Sunday 03/29/15:  Rest day. I got up relatively early and made a good breakfast, then went for a costume fitting and afternoon rehearsal. Afterwards, Ben and I went over to Erik’s house for delicious homemade burgers and cinematic adventures. In hindsight, it would have been better to just go home and go to bed, but it was nice to spend some time with our friend.

I’m planning to keep up with my lunchtime walks as much as possible this week, and try to do some body weight exercises at home, just so I don’t totally lose fitness. In a couple more weeks, Legally Blonde will be over, and I can re-establish a gym pattern. I’m excited to get back to CXWORX and Body Pump, and maybe add in some spinning. I’m also contemplating some personal training sessions, but I may talk more about that later.

When’s the last time you slept until noon?

Do you ever “party” on a Sunday night?

13 thoughts on “Manic Monday – 03/30/15

1. Jessica @ VEGGIE RUNNING MOMMA says:

I love lunch time walks, they are so relaxing and nice to get away from all the hecticness of work.
    Sounds like you needed the sleep if you slept in till noon 🙂

GIRL I PARTY ALL DAY EVERY DAY. And by that I mean once a month. Maybe. I love walking, and today was the first day that the weather seemed to be looking good for one! I’m glad that you are taking good care of yourself with all that damn jumping. Like a freaking easter bunny, you.

Great week! I’m glad you’re enjoying all that walking – you walk really fast too!!

I just went to a party this Sunday too. Luckily it was more of an afternoon/early evening party so I got to bed at a decent hour but I was still just a little hungover this morning hahaha.

I want to sleep until noon! That sounds kind of awesome. I’m a Sunday evening in pajamas early kind of person, ha! I am tired just reading about all your jump roping- Do you never want to see a jump rope again?

I am SO OVER jumping rope. I actually whipped myself so hard the other night that it broke the skin in 3 different places! Can’t wait to be done with it.

Cinematic adventures… haven’t heard that one in a long time! 🙂 I haven’t slept til noon in a long time either… maybe the last time I had a migraine. My body doesn’t seem to be able to sleep past 8am anymore! Your week inspires me to want to take more lunchtime walks. So much better than just sitting at my desk!