Friday Free-For-All – 04/17/15

Friday

I ran this week! I didn’t realize it, but it had been about 5 weeks since my last run. Holy crap! That’s almost as long as when I was out due to foot injury last fall. So on Wednesday, I had my triumphant return to running, and also my first “runch” (lunch run) of the year. 2.5 easy, breezy miles along the lakefront bike path. And I plan to do a “long” run this weekend of at least 4 miles.

Spring has sprung in northern Vermont. It was in the 50’s and 60’s all week. The lake is unfrozen. Trees are budding and flowers are starting to bloom. Thank goodness! I try really hard not to complain about the weather and just take it for what it is, but this winter was BRUTAL, and I’m so happy to bid it adieu.

Chess rehearsals now aren’t starting until May 31. While I’m disappointed that I don’t get to start working on this awesome project as soon as I thought (originally it was May 20), I’m VERY excited to have a bit more time to myself to work on my fitness goals, hang out with Ben, and spend time outdoors!

I got my hair cut yesterday. It had been almost exactly 6 months to the day since my last hair cut. While this isn’t necessarily a bad thing since I’m actively growing my hair out, it was starting to get a bit shaggy, and I want to make sure I take care of split ends so that, as my hair grows, it stays healthy.

I am obsessed with Polar seltzer. Particularly Ruby Red Grapefruit flavor. I’ve always loved seltzer, but lately I just can’t seem to get enough of it. I drink two cans a day at work, and several times I week I buy one of the liter-sized bottles at the store too. It’s great by itself, but I also love using it to make cocktails. Yum!

Are you planning to run this weekend? How far/long?

Is it spring where you are?

15 thoughts on “Friday Free-For-All – 04/17/15

Yay for returning to running! Yay for spring at last! Yay for a bit longer before rehearsals begin again! And YAY for Polar beverages (from my hometown!)!!! (Yay for haircuts too 🙂 ) I hate seltzer/sparkling water, unfortunately, because Drew gets Polar seltzer all the time and they all smell AMAZING. I love orange dry though ❤

I'm planning on a longish run this weekend… hopefully 6 miles? Maybe a tiny bit more? I don't want to overdo it, but I also have a 10-miler in 2 weekends… yikes!

I know, I theoretically have a five miler in a few weeks (haven’t actually registered yet), and then two 5ks the following weeks, so I need to get some training in!

I’m glad that you ran but I’m most happy that you enjoyed doing so! And bummer about rehearsals, but like you said—it will give you some time to play around and also work! Wanna see the new hair lady…

3. Erica says:

Congrats on your return to running! Must feel great!

I plan to get back at it myself, had an unexpected week off after a race. Time to get back at it. Slowly though, as spring/warn weather has definitely arrived here in Ontario.

4. irishrunnerchick says:

Yay for first run! And glad that it went so well – usually the first one back is a struggle. I’ll be in your neck of the woods all next week so glad to hear that it is defrosting a little!

• irishrunnerchick says:

LOL Maybe the first run back is all “I’m so happy to be out running”, and the second run is “OMG I’m really out of shape!”. Hopefully the weather stays good for the next week – although I will be packing my rain jacket.