Friday Free-For-All – 04/24/15

Friday Spring Break week makes for some great commutes. All of our local schools are on break this week, which means that a significant number of drivers who would usually be on the road in the morning are not. This has madeΒ my commute SO MUCH LESS STRESSFUL. And even a minute or two shorter, which is nice.

Spring Break also makes for a quiet office. Two thirds of my team were out on vacation this week. It’s been like a ghost town around here. I’m ok with it though, because it gave me a chance to really get caught up on stuff without distractions.

I may be joining a running club! I run a lot of races with RaceVermont, because they’re local, and they have frequent, affordable races. I got an email from the race director that they will be starting a one year running club in May. The cost to join is only $10, and they’re partnering with Fleet Feet. I emailed the guy today to get some more details. I’m hoping that the days of the week and locations will work for me, because I’ve desperately been wanting to try group running, and it seems like this could be perfect. Fingers crossed!

I’m at 59% of my fundraising goal for the VRH Jiggety Jog 5k. Β It feels amazing to be so far along already, but there’s still a ways to go. The race is on May 9 (my birthday!), and is now only a few weeks away. If you feel moved to make a donation to this wonderful organization, please click here.

Are your local schools on break? How did it affect you?

Have you ever been part of a running club? Did you like it?

17 thoughts on “Friday Free-For-All – 04/24/15

1. Brittany says:

I am a very *inactive* member of a running club right now. When I moved to the burbs and no longer had access to my beautiful Lake Front Trail, I knew I’d need some inspiration. And for $10 a year, I was sold. First, the biting cold kept me from running with the squad, and now just having so little time due to wedding planning (but that should lessen a lot SOON!)- but I still get their emails and am in the Facebook group and MAN are they a motivating and inspirational group. I know finally getting my butt to a run with them will do amazing things for my training! I would bet your local group is very, very similar :0)

That’s awesome news! I am not a “member” of my running club but I love going on the runs that are hosted by my local Fleet Feet. It’s been a huge motivating factor for me recently and a great way to meet new people. I hope you love it too!
    Good luck with your fundraising! πŸ˜€

Thank you, lady! I’ve heard that one of the best ways to become a faster runner is to run with fast people, so I’m hoping this new group will challenge me πŸ™‚

• charissarunning says:

I truly believe it’s been one of the biggest factors in improving my speed this season. I’m sure it will do the same for you!

I definitely recommend joining up with a club! I love both of mine!
    It’s so funny…I didn’t even put two and two together about lighter traffic until just now. It’s nice having schools out around here too!
    I hope you have a marvelous weekend! ❀

4. Anna @ Piper's Run says:

I’m part of a run club in my childhood neighbourhood where my parents still live. Sounds weird but they have such an awesome online support (Facebook) and I love to run with them when I visit my parents.
    There are a few clubs near where I live but can’t see to get to all their runs, especially since I’ve been injured for a few months.
    I’m sure you will love the running club!

School vacation weeks are the BEST! It generally shaves 15-20 minutes off my commute, which is huge.
    I’m so excited for your run club possibilities!! I yammer on about the Shammies all the time, clearly I love being part of a club! Just knowing that other people will be there makes it so easy to get out the door for a run, even if I don’t end up running *with* people the entire time. Or, trying to keep up with people makes me faster, so that’s a good thing too πŸ™‚