Manic Monday – 05/04/15

Photo Dec 30, 12 48 14 PM

Monday 04/27/15:  Body Pump. I was really pleased to make it to Monday night Body Pump two weeks in a row, and it didn’t feel as challenging as it did last week. I’m hopeful that I’ll continue to see progress as I attend class more regularly.

Tuesday 04/28/15:  3 mile runch. It was quite chilly and windy, but once I got going the temperature was a non-issue. It was just a tough run because I was going into the wind for a good portion of it.

Wednesday 04/29/15:  3 mile runch; 1 hour Pilates mat class after work. I’ll talk a bit more about this later this week, but I’m excited!

Thursday 04/30/15:  Rest Day. I intended to run or walk, but was feeling sore and tired after three straight days of workouts, so I just took care of some personal errands and phone calls during lunch instead.

Friday 05/01/15:  Rest Day. I didn’t want to push too soon before the race on Saturday, especially because I haven’t run anywhere close to 5 miles in quite some time, so I just hung out at home and went to bed early.

Saturday 05/02/15:  GMAA Pump it Up 5 Miler. You’ll have to wait for my full recap on Tuesday, but it was a beautiful day and a great race.

Sunday 05/03/15:  “Rest Day.” I put that in quotation marks because even though I didn’t run or go to the gym, I spent about 4 hours doing yard work, which was definitely a workout. I was exhausted and Ben and I were in bed watching Netflix by 8, and asleep by 10.

Unfortunately, I’m already off to a poor start this week–I forgot my gym bag this morning, which means no running and no Body Pump today. Booo! This is a day when living 45 minutes away from town is a total drag, because I can’t just zip home and grab my stuff. Oh well.  Here’s the tentative plan for the rest of the week.

• Monday: Rest day
  • Tuesday: 3 mile runch
  • Wednesday: 1 hour Pilates mat class (may not happen due to a work function)
  • Thursday: 3 mile runch; CWORX (if I don’t make Pilates on Wednesday)
  • Friday: 2 mile runch
  • Saturday: Vermont Respite House Jiggety Jog 5k
  • Sunday: Rest day

I’m getting very close to my fundraising goal for the Jiggety Jog–only $145 to go! If you’d like to help me out, click here to make a fast, secure online donation.

When’s the last time you forgot your gym bag?

Are you racing this weekend?

19 thoughts on “Manic Monday – 05/04/15

1. Movin' it with Michelle says:

I don’t go to the gym, so no forgetting the gym bag for me. LOL! I either work out at home, or am running! I raced yesterday, with no more races planned until my full marathon in June. Have a great week!

Woohoo, what a great week! Yard work really is a workout so you deserve your unintentional rest day today 🙂
    I don’t go to the gym anymore but there was one time, I forgot the most important thing – my running shoes! I was wearing some ballerina flats so instead of running I just did some easy biking in them since I really needed the workout. I’m sure everyone thought I was crazy haha

I didn’t forget my gym bag this weekend, but I did forget my swimsuit in my office (which, when it is a trek to go on a maze of a path from your office to the gym in a boot, is a very large annoyance) as well as break my swimcap. And today I forgot clean underwear….

Great week last week! I’m so glad your race went well and I’m excited to hear your recap!
    I tend to always remember my bag, but forget to put important things in it all the time. Most often socks. 🙂

Great week – love seeing how you’re doign and the races and everything! Nice that it is finally NICE outside, right?

Ugh to forgetting things, I hate anything that messes with my routine or plans – since I run from home I don’t forget things, but the reality is that a couple of years ago I had to travel almost every week for nearly 9 months back & forth to Kentucky for work … and never forgot a thing! I have many flaws … and perhaps this is one of them in a way 😉

Oh man, we are LOVING the weather right now–it’s currently almost 80! I don’t think not forgetting things is a flaw at all–it’s a fantastic talent! I’m usually pretty good, but the Monday fog got me today!

6. Jessica @ VEGGIE RUNNING MOMMA says:

I don’t need to bring a gym bag because I do all of my running before work.. but I get the commute thing, I live 20 miles away and don’t like to go back and forth a lot.
    Great job on last week.! 🙂

Awesome week! I love all the runches. I really need to start being better about fitting those in! And oof, yardwork. Definitely not restful! My run club is pressuring me to do a 5K with them on Sunday, but I may have tweaked my knee in yesterday’s race and don’t want to push my luck. 😦 Boo. Looking forward to reading your race recap!!

Great week! I’ve never forgotten my gym bag but I have forgotten my running shoes. Those shoe pockets in gym bags are so useless. I actually have an extra running outfit stashed in a bag in my trunk in case I am ever desperate. 🙂