Friday Free-For-All – 05/22/15

FFFA (1)

BibRave is looking to expand their BibRave Pro Ambassador Program. If you like to run races, talk about running, and hang out with cool, like-minded people, you should consider applying to be a BibRave Pro. You’ll get access to all kinds of products and free or discounted race registrations all over the country, and get to be part of a really cool team. If you’re interested in learning more, go to bibravepro.tumblr.com.

Photo May 15, 10 47 33 AM

Speaking of BibRave, you should check out my Discounts page. We just added tons of new discount codes or discounted registration links, so chances are there’s something near you, or something you’ll want to travel to!

It’s marathon weekend here in VT! The Vermont City Marathon takes place every Memorial Day weekend, and it’s a huge event. I’m ashamed to say that in my 20+ years living here, I’ve never actually watched the race. In high school I wasn’t interested, and in college I was always working. And now, when I’m actually really interested, I live about 40 minutes outside of town, and trying to drive in on Sunday morning will be nutty due to traffic and road closures 😦 Whether or not I make it to spectate, I’m hoping to get to a runner/blogger meetup that’s being organized by Stacey, the Cape Cod Runner. She’s trying to get some people together at the Farm House on Saturday afternoon, so I’m going to do my best to get there.

We’re moving in a little over a week! While I’m still super excited, I’m also starting to stress out about the move itself. As of right now, our move-in day is June 1, which is a Monday. Neither Ben nor I can take any additional time off right now, so I have no idea how things are going to go. Thankfully, 90% of our stuff is already packed and just needs to be moved from our storage unit to the apartment. But the remaining 10% is surprisingly scattered all over my in-laws’ house. I’m also pretty sure that there’s simply not enough room for all of our junk at the new place, which means we have a lot of sorting to do. I’ve already started by going through my closets to get rid of stuff I don’t wear anymore, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg. I’m just sort of blithely ignoring things right now and pretending that everything is totally under control. I’m sure by this time next week I’ll be freaking out.

I am SO PUMPED that it’s a three day weekend. Other than a quick meeting for Chess on Sunday, and the blogger meetup on Saturday afternoon, we have NO PLANS. I’m excited to do some relaxing, and also hopefully do some packing and move related business to help mitigate the stress I described above. Mostly, though, I’m excited that next week is only a four day work week. This week covering for my coworker has been really stressful, and I’m beyond relieved that she’s back in the office on Tuesday.

What are your plans for Memorial Day weekend?

Advertisements

17 thoughts on “Friday Free-For-All – 05/22/15

  1. runsaltrun says:

    Okay I think I need to get on this BibRave thing. I’ve heard lots of coolness about it! I hope you enjoy your free weekend! We really don’t have any plans either outside of Color Run and I’m looking forward to just being lazy haha.

  2. charissarunning says:

    Good luck with the move!!! Moving is stressful. I’m specifically trying NOT to collect too many things lately because I know I’ll be moving in a year or so too. But I hope you love your new apartment!
    I’m excited to have an extra day off next week too. Have a great weekend!!!

  3. dgobs says:

    Yay Vermont Marathon! A bunch of Shammies are running it, so if you do go to spectate, please cheer extra loud for me if you spot any Shamrock singlets! 🙂 I’m super happy it’s a long weekend too… this past week felt *endless* at work, and the extra day off is much needed! I have minimal plans, which also makes me happy 🙂

    • DarlinRae says:

      I didn’t end up making the drive into town–the traffic would have been insane and I would have been trapped for the better part of the day. It’s ok though, I’m planning to get a relay team together for next year 😀

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s