Tuesday Things

Did anyone else’s schedule get thrown totally out of whack by Memorial Day weekend? I kind of forgot that it was Monday, and forgot to post my usual Manic Monday recap. I’ve decided to do a quick overview of the week today instead, and try to get back on track next week.

• I ran three times, for a total of 6.3 miles
  • I skipped Body Pump, Pilates, and CXWORX, and I don’t feel the least bit guilty about it
  • I spent most of Saturday dealing with an upset stomach
  • On Sunday, I decided not to drive the 45 minutes into Burlington to spectate the Vermont City Marathon, and had my first meeting with the Chess cast and crew

For the next week or so, things are going to be all over the place due to moving. We still don’t know exactly when we’ll be able to get into the apartment, which means that we just kind of have to pack and hope for the best. Our lease officially starts on June 1, which is Monday, but we’re hoping that we’ll be able to get in on Saturday or Sunday, and at least get everything into  the apartment, so that we can live there and worry about unpacking later.

Because the week is so up in the air, I’m not going to lay out a workout schedule, other than my last Pilates class on Wednesday after work. I’m hoping that I’ll continue to be able to squeeze in some lunch runs, but the weather forecast isn’t looking so great, so I’m just going to take every day in stride and do what I can.

Do holiday weekends throw off your schedule?

15 thoughts on “Tuesday Things

We have our planning meetings for our development team on Tuesdays and Fridays … so we filled the calendar last Friday … and this morning we got together because we’d all successfully forgotten what we’d scheduled for the week 🙂

Good luck with the move – exciting times!

2. allisonfiorini says:

TOTALLY thrown off schedule! I had a party, and missed a swim workout. Oh well, live a little, right? I had friends up there running the Vermont City Marathon!! Sounds like a cool race.

3. Movin' it with Michelle says:

Not really, no…I’ve learned sometimes you just have to re-adjust schedules/training plans. I have my long run of 20 miles this weekend, but since I work all weekend I will switch it to Fri/Monday of next week since those are my days off. 🙂

It’s so funny–Alex and I are either bang on or TOTALLY OFF with workouts during vacations and holiday weekends. This past week? We were totally on. But in Seattle, it was more of a battle. Good luck with your packing!

Holiday weekends throw me off big time! Best of luck with your move… I hope you’re able to get in early and sort things out in the least stressful way possible!

Good luck with the moving! The holiday definitely threw me off my blogging schedule too as I am JUST NOW reading your Tuesday post haha.