Goals for the Craft Brew Races 5k

This will be my fourth 5k race this month. I’ve already PR’d once, so I’m not really gunning for a top time going into this race. I’m planning for it to just be fun, especially because Ben will be running with me! This will be the first race we’ve run together since 2012, and I’m very excited.

HOWEVER, I know my competitive side will rear its ugly head once I cross the starting line, so I’m going to do my best to be well hydrated and fueled on Saturday, because right now, my main goal is:

BEAT BEN

Theoretically, this is a distinct possibility. Ben hasn’t done any distance running to speak of in years. His broom ball season ended months ago and he hasn’t been doing any kind of cardio since then. I, on the other hand, have been running regularly and am in pretty good form. But he’s sneakily fit, and has amazing powers of mind over matter. He can just decide he’s going to do something and do it. I’m nervous.

Other, lesser goals include:

• Sub-30 time
  • Don’t get wasted at the finish line Brew Fest

There are going to be over 40 breweries present, and we get unlimited samples. This could be dangerous. I need to remember to drink a ton of water and eat something, because we may be moving before and after the race and Brew Fest, and the last thing I’ll need is to be drunk and/or hungover and moving heavy things to a third floor walk up apartment.

Have you ever done a Craft Brew Race?

What’s your favorite beer/brewery?

25 thoughts on “Goals for the Craft Brew Races 5k

1. allisonfiorini says:

LOL I love your goal of not getting wasted at the finish line. Ha! Why not!? Post race beer festivals are awesome. I did the Vancouver USA Marathon in 2013 and there was a beer festival at the end. It was amazing. Enjoy and good luck!

I just laughed at loud at your lesser goal of not getting wasted,
    Fingers crossed that you beat Ben though! I’m rooting for you and I can’t wait to hear all about it next week!

Also I’d be in big trouble at the finish of a craft beer race. That sounds delicious. πŸ™‚

OH mow him dowwwwwn. We have several favorite breweries and beers. Lots of great local choices around here! Especially Goose Island πŸ˜€

Holy smokes! Unlimited beer?! Yeah, that’s gonna be a hard goal to keep. But you can do it!! Um also, is this race an every year event? I have friends who might just run this race just to get all the craft beer at the end. Maybe next year I can have a trip in the works!! Good luck!!!

You should check out the Craft Brew Races website–they do events all over the country, so there might be one closer to you. Of course, I’d love it if you came up for a visit too πŸ™‚

5. mostlyhealthyliving says:

Love your goal and also love the idea of unlimited samples. Yum! Your Ben sounds a lot like my hubby who is also sneakily fit. Last race we ran together was a 10k where he beat me by like 7 minutes with no training whereas I threw up on the finish line… Good times, good times. πŸ˜‰

Ha! Have a blast, and beat Ben! πŸ˜‰ I did the Craft Brew 5K in Providence last year and it was really fun. Not quite a 5K either… I think it ended up being 2.8 miles. But still fun πŸ™‚ My all-time favorite beer is Wormtown’s Coconut Porter, which I don’t think they make anymore 😦 I remember the beers I liked best at my Craft Brew run were Shiner’s Ruby Redbird and Sea Dog’s Sunfish. Have fun! πŸ˜€

7. veryrach says:

LOL BEAT BEN! DON’T GET WASTED —> best goals I’ve seen in a long time! Kick his butt, girl! My bf is “sneaky fit” too. He’s like an energizer bunny… and I’m more like the Pillsbury dough boy πŸ˜€ GOOD LUCK!!