Prague In Pictures

Since the trip was so long, and we did so much, I don’t feel like I can take the time to write out a full description of what we did every day. Prague is full of many beautiful sights, historic landmarks, and awesome brews and bars. We had very full days there, and rather than boring you with a play-by-play, I’m just going to play “one sentence per picture” with some of my favorite shots from the trip.

WOW Air Plane

The plane is happy to see us!

Prague View from Petrin

We’ve been in the country for an hour and we’re already drinking beer.

Foosball

Lots of bars in Prague have foosball tables.

Beautiful Latte

Every latte I ordered in Prague was beautiful.

Cocici Kavarna

We went to a cat cafe! Kitties everywhere!

View from Prague castle

Got my fingers in the picture. Whoops!

Charles Bridge, Prague

The historic Charles Bridge

Barcode babies

Ben contemplates creepy baby statues with barcodes for faces.

Prague Beer Museum

A flight of 10 delicious Czech beer samples. It may look like they’re not full, but in Europe, beers come with a huge head of foam; these have just settled.

Petrin

Ben and Emily wandering Petrin.

View from Metronome

There is no shortage of beautiful views in this hilly city.

Day Drinking

In Europe, public drinking is 100% legal, and 100% fun!

Ben and Beer

My dashing husband. No, all those beers aren’t his.

Peacock

Peacocks wandering a public park.

Climbing

Ben likes to climb things.

Stained Glass

Gorgeous stained glass windows in the church near Prague Castle

View from the Top of Petrin

Still more beautiful views in Petrin Park

Cafe Pavlac

Stealth photo while we wait for Cafe Pavlac to open

Church

Ben and Emily are skeptical of my photography skills

Dirty Copenhagen

We had a 13 hour layover in Copenhagen. At 5:30 am, people are stumbling home drunk from the clubs and the streets are filthy.

Bikes

Copenhagen is a bike city, and most buildings have these charming courtyards.

Latte and Pastry

After wandering for hours, we finally found an open bakery.

Clean Copenhagen

Copenhagen at 8 am. The drunks are gone and city workers have cleaned up. Same statue, no garbage.

So there you have it, a small slice of our awesome trip. We got home at midnight Sunday and I was at work at 8am on Monday, after an epic 36 hours on the road. I still haven’t unpacked and I’m still exhausted, but it was 100% worth it. I HIGHLY recommend Prague if you’re looking for a European adventure. The city is safe and clean, public transit is affordable and reliable, and it’s cheap as all get-out. The exchange rate is incredibly favorable; you can get a .5L beer in a grocery store for the equivalent of $0.50!

Have you ever been to Prague? What about Copenhagen?

32 thoughts on “Prague In Pictures

1. Run Colby Run says:

FUN STUFF!!! I’ve been to a whole lot of Europe— just not these two places! They’re on my list! Glad you had a fun trip. And honestly? I kind of dig the Creepy Baby Barcode Heads. πŸ™‚

So glad you had such a wonderful trip!! I haven’t been anywhere in Europe yet…but my sister was just traveling around and was possibly in Prague at the same time as you! She comes home this week finally πŸ˜€

3. Jessica @ VEGGIE RUNNING MOMMA says:

So much fun.! how interesting.
    I would love to travel and explore another country someday. but ehh, who knows.

It can be tough to make the time and save the money. We were really lucky that we had someone we could stay with, so it was a lot cheaper than it would have been otherwise.

4. SuzLyfe (@suzlyfe) says:

Bahaha love the before and after of Copenhagen. Also I think that Ben should’ve sat to the left (looking at him) of the beers, so that it could have been like reception bars (look at the amount of beer in the cups). So lush (double entendre) and gorgeous!

5. hellyontherun says:

Wow. Just wow! I’ve never been to those parts of Europe but it’s on my to visit list!! Your husband looks like so much fun and I loved how you wore your Garmin everywhere πŸ™‚ Great pictures!!!!

6. mostlyhealthyliving says:

Never been to Prague or Copenhagen but sure would like to! The extent of my traveling has taken me to a bit of the US, Cuba, Iceland and England. So much more I want to see. Looks like you guys had an awesome trip!

Late to the party, but looks like an amazing time!! Drew is like Ben and loves to climb random things too πŸ™‚ I’ve never been to Prague or Copenhagen, but would love to go to both places!