Friday Free-For-All – 07/31/15

FFFA (1)

This is officially my highest mileage month ever! 62 miles! I started running in 2012, dabbled in 2013, and trained for my first (and second) half marathon in 2014. But this year, I’ve found a consistency that I’ve never had before, and this month is a reflection of that. I can’t wait to see the numbers I hit as half marathon training continues 😀

I didn’t sleep for crap last night. I don’t know why, but I just tossed and turned for hours. I’d be surprised if I got more than three hours of total sleep. Therefore, I am riding the struggle bus today. But hey, it’s Friday, so I can’t be too worried about it.

I get to go to a party tonight! Some friends of mine from the theater scene are relocating to the Pacific Northwest at the end of the summer (sadface), and they’re having a “Drink our Booze BBQ.” They don’t want to move with umpteen open bottles of liquor, so they’ve invited a bunch of friends over for fun times and unique cocktails. Obviously, I won’t be much help on the drinking front, but it will be fun to see my friends.

We’re doing a promotional photo shoot for Chess on Sunday. I’m a little nervous because I hate having my picture taken, but I think it will be fun, and it will be cool to have some pictures of me in costume and in character. Hopefully I’ll be able to share some shots with you!

I have another voice lesson tomorrow. In trying to follow through on my “Chasing My Passions” post from last week, I’ve done some fiddling around with my budget to make sure I can afford at least two voice lessons a month. I’m a happy girl. Next on the list is saving up for a dance class that I can take this fall.

What was your mileage like this month?

Do you like having your picture taken?

17 thoughts on “Friday Free-For-All – 07/31/15

1. veryrach says:

That sounds like a fun BBQ! I learned a while ago to practice in the mirror before getting my picture taken for anything important. Find the smile and angle you like and then memorize how your face feels when doing it. Lol that sounds ridiculous, but it really helps! Good luck!

Congrats on those big miles!!! I think I logged around 125 miles this month (which is definitely more than I was shooting for!) I hope your photoshoot goes well! I HATE having my picture taken and always feel so awkward. I bet you’re going to look gorgeous!

Yay for consistency and mileage and running happiness! 😀 Boo for crap sleep though. I hate nights like that. Good luck with the photo shoot! I hate having my picture taken… I am incredibly unphotogenic. (My wedding photographer even said that to me… though not at my wedding… thankfully?)

• dgobs says:

Also, posing for non-candid pictures makes me feel like Chandler when he and Monica were getting their engagement photos done. I make the same face.

Way to go, dumb dumb photographer *shakes head* I run the spectrum from wildly unphotogenic to actually looking pretty good from moment to moment, so it’s always interesting.

Nice running this month! I didn’t run what I wanted to in July, but I was consistent so I’m calling it a win. That BBQ sounds fun! Posing for pictures not so much- good luck! I hate being told to smile- it usually looks like a grimace.

5. grimmkitten11 says:

great post!! My mileage was pretty pitiful this month due to injury but I’m looking forward to August! I’m really bipolar about if I want my picture taken. I’m good with some that have a purpose but twenty pics for no reason irritates me