Friday Free-For-All – 10/23/15

FFFA (1)

October is seriously kicking my ass. Work has been super busy. On top of normal work stuff, I’m on the campaign committee for our United Way fundraising campaign, which is next week. I don’t have a Halloween costume yet, we haven’t been grocery shopping in two weeks, and I leave for Wine and Dine in 14 days. I’m losing my ever-loving mind.

I can’t fricken wait until the new Star Wars movie comes out. I’ve been a Star Wars fan since I first saw the originals back in the late 90’s. After the shitty prequels, I was really reluctant to feel any sort of excitement at all about Episode VII. But then I watched the new trailer that came out this week, and I got chills and almost cried. Yes, I’m that big of a nerd. I’m planning to get tickets for opening night.

I’m hitting up a Target this weekend. This is a big deal for me, as there are NO Targets at all in the state of Vermont. I think I’m going to pick up one of these bad boys, which will solve my Halloween costume dilemma, and also help feed my Star Wars frenzy:

Star Wars Onesies

Are you a Star Wars fan? Are you as excited as I am for Episode VII?

17 thoughts on “Friday Free-For-All – 10/23/15

Yeah … so I would estimate seeing Star Wars (i.e. the original one before they had episodes) about a dozen times in the theaters … because it stayed in theaters for nearly a year!

Love the original trilogy and also like many aspects of the prequels – definitely not a ‘prequel hater’, though there is much to criticize (especially Ep 1) … maybe that is because I had little kids when those movies came out and I got to share the love.

Really excited based on the trailer, and plan to go see it on opening day for sure – with wife and younger son (since older son won’t be back from NYU for Christmas break yet)

Gonna date myself here but Return of the Jedi was the first movie I ever saw in a theater and somehow remember even though I was a toddler. I really wanted an Ewok. 🙂 I love the original trilogy, seriously dislike the other 3 movies. Then I loved the books so much that I am really gun shy about the new movie.

I was really negative about the whole thing until I watched the trailers. I’m trying to reel in my excitement a little bit because I don’t wanna be disappointed.

3. allisonfiorini says:

“There are no Targets in the state of Vermont”. I was not aware of this. OH MY GOSH. But, exciting you get to go to one this weekend! Enjoy! And I hope October stops kicking your ass soon and eases up!

4. Laura says:

Boy I feel old, I remember seeing the original movies in the theaters when they came out! Also can’t wait for this one, hope it’s worth the wait!

October has been crazy for me too. I hope November is easier on you! And I also hope you got one of those onesies!! They’re amazing!