Manic Monday – 12/14/15

Manic

What Was Planned vs. What Happened

Monday 12/7/15: Short Run1 Mile Run

#RWRunStreak Day 12. Another day, another short run to keep the streak alive.

Tuesday 12/8/15: Short Run1 Mile Run

#RWRunStreak Day 13. Lucky number 13! I hit 200 miles on my shoes during this run, and then went out for tacos and margaritas with my friend Erik.

Wednesday 12/9/15: Spin; Short Run; Tap ClassSpin; 1 Mile Run; Tap Class

#RWRunStreak Day 14. Two weeks down, woo! Like last Wednesday, this day was super busy and it was kind of a struggle to fit everything in, but I managed.

Thursday 12/10/15: Short RunRest

And so endeth the RW Run Streak. I’m still planning a post for later in the week about why I stopped, but essentially, I just couldn’t/didn’t want to make the time today. I was stressed beyond belief about Mary Poppins callbacks, and worried about Ben getting home in time to get me to the audition and blah blah blah and it just didn’t happen.

Friday 12/11/15:  Short RunRest

We had our company holiday party tonight. I ate some delicious food and had a couple of drinks, then went home and watched Christmas movies. Ben had broomball finals, and they came in second for the season, which is a huge improvement over last year.

Saturday 12/12/15: 5-6 MilesRest

This was a weird day. I was waiting for my Mary Poppins casting call, and unfortunately it didn’t go the way I wanted; I’m still in the show, but I didn’t get the role of MP. I may talk more about this later this week, but in short, I’m trying to keep my ego in check and focus on the positive.

Sunday 12/13/15: Short RunRest

I had a voice lesson in the morning, then we had our first read-through for MP in the afternoon. Some of my very dearest friends are in the show, and it’s going to be super magical. I can’t wait! Regular rehearsals start in January.

The plan for this week is to try to keep some of the momentum from the Run Streak going without actually streaking. Here’s a tentative schedule:

• Monday: Tap Recital (so sad this is over!)
  • Tuesday: Short run
  • Wednesday: Spin
  • Thursday: Short Run
  • Friday: Rest
  • Saturday: 5-6 miles
  • Sunday: Rest

How you deal with getting news you didn’t want?

19 thoughts on “Manic Monday – 12/14/15

Kudos for taking the RW streak as far as you did! 2 weeks isn’t shabby at all. I’m sorry you didn’t get the part of MP 😦 I deal with bad news in different ways… but mostly venting to Drew and cuddling with blankets and a cup of tea and/or bourbon, depending on the news.

Sad to hear you didn’t get the part you wanted … and now like you say it is time to take a deep breath and move on with the show!

Also think that you made the right choice on the RW Streak – as I’ve said it *can* be motivational … but it can also make you resent having to run. Personally, once it gets to the point you describe, it was the right time to ditch it!

I give you so much credit for doing the run streak for two weeks! I don’t know the reason yet why you stopped but if it ultimately wasn’t something that was helping you out in any way, there’s no need to MAKE yourself do it. I hit my first ‘Oh my god, do I have to do this?’ run yesterday and I’m hoping that feeling won’t last but we’ll see.

In terms of MP, sorry you didn’t get the role you wanted! With everything you have coming up though, I think you’ll be much less stressed overall. Maybe it’s a blessing in disguise for now and more lead roles are yet to come…when you won’t be marathon training at the same time 😉

4. Rebecca Royy says:

Hi…new to your blog. You look like someone I will enjoy following. Sorry about not getting the MP role. The way I deal with disappointments is to try to put it in perspective. For instance, as I’ve aged, I’ve become lactose intolerant. No more cheese, and I LOVE cheese. I felt sorry for myself until I thought about really TOUGH stuff that people have to deal with. And then NO CHEESE didn’t seem like such a big deal anymore!

Thanks for stopping by! I have to say, becoming lactose intolerant would be a tough blow for me to take, but I’m glad you have found perspective. It’s always good to remember where you stand, and that things aren’t always as bad as they seem.

I’m sorry to hear it didn’t go the way you had hoped! But it sounds like you will be able to enjoy working with friends though. Bad news usually makes me reach for the comfort food… I need to work on that. Congrats on making it that far with the streak!

6. kristenk says:

Awww I’m sorry about not getting the role you wanted – I’ve been there with choir stuff in high school and know that it sucks. But at least you’re still part of an awesome show. And I think you made the right call with the run streak. It’s a great idea but really exhausting and overwhelming sometimes. It looks like you have a great plan set up for next week!