I know, I know. Everyone and their mother is posting about their 2016 race schedule. You’ve probably read at least 6 of these posts already this week. But suck it up, buttercup, cause I’m going for it. If you’re not interested in yet another list of races that you’ve never heard of and will never run, feel free to come back later in the week.
So yeah, 2016 is The Year of the Marathon for me. My first marathon will be on May 29. But that’s only one race, and there’s a whole lot of year left after May. And plenty of fun opportunities between now and May that I hope can be squeezed into my training schedule. So, without further ado, my tentative 2016 race schedule. Things in bold text are definite, and things in orange I’m really excited about but haven’t committed to yet.
Ha! Nothing. Nothing but cold, snow, and treadmill running.
Hopefully Race Vermont will repeat their Valentine’s Day themed run. If not, I may do a virtual one with good swag.
Nada. Just marathon training and Mary Poppins-ing.
Nada. I’ll be too busy with Mary Poppins and marathon training
My birth month. Also, race-a-palooza.
- May 1: Middlebury Sap Run Half. Cause I am mentally incapable of running more than 10 miles solo.
- May 7: Vermont Respite House Jiggety Jog 5k. This race is VERY important to me
- May 12: Vermont Corporate Cup Challenge 5k. Can you say “Free Registration”? 😉
- May 21: Craft Brew Races 5k. Because beer.
- May 29: People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon
Nada. Marathon recovery, baby!
Of course the two races in July I’d really like to do are on the same day, and a day I’ll most likely be on vacation out of state…
- July 7: Mad Half Marathon or Stowe 8 Miler
- July 30: GMAA Women’s Round Church 10k
- August 6: Fairfax Egg Run 10k. You get an omelet at the finish!
- September 4: Archie Post 5 Miler.
- Spartan Sprint. Not sure I’ll do it again, but most likely will.
- September 24: Color Run 5k
- September 25: Island Vines 10k. Because wine.
- October 2: Leaf Peepers Half. Possible PR attempt?
- November 5: runDisney Wine and Dine Half with Team Can-Am!
- November 24: Zack’s Place Turkey Trot 5k
- Ri-Ra Santa 5k
While I would love to just run right out and register for all of these races immediately, I have learned that it’s better to pay a few dollars more for late registration than to pay an early registration fee and not be able to run the race at all. My schedule is nutty at the best of times, and this year will be no exception, with marathon training, a spring show, and hopefully some nice vacations 😉
Some of these races haven’t announced official dates yet, and may not be happening at all. I’m also poor as all get out after the holidays, so I will be VERY selective this year about who I race with. And any races between now and May 29 need to fit my marathon training schedule. My schedule might not work with any of the races I want, and I need to trust my coach and her plan to get me through this training cycle..
Do you like to sign up for #alltheraces at the beginning of the year, or do you wait?