Friday Free-For-All – 03/04/16

Holy crap. It’s March. How is that even possible?! Being busy certainly makes time fly! Rehearsals and marathon training take up a whole lot of time.

Ben and I actually get to hang out this weekend! The Nordic ski season is finally over, which means that Ben won’t be gone all day Saturday and exhausted all day Sunday. We’re planning a date night for tomorrow night, and I can’t wait 🙂

So far, so good with the new shoes. They’re definitely different from what I was running in, but not necessarily in a bad way. I’m still adjusting to the additional cushion and the higher heel-toe offset, but nothing feels bad, nothing hurts, and my toes aren’t going numb, so I think that’s a win. I’ll continue to break them in slowly over the next couple of weeks. I can’t wait to try them out on a long run, because I think that extra cushion will make for a much comfier ride.

I am taking the week of April break off. Ben and I had high hopes of FINALLY heading to the Bahamas this year, but once again, time got away from us and we were unable to coordinate with his aunt and uncle. Rather than giving up on the vacation idea, we’re going to try to do to an East Coast “friends and family” tour. We’ll hit Boston, New Jersey, DC, and North Carolina to see some people we owe visits to. And if that doesn’t work out, we’ll just have a nice stay-cation and relax and spend some much-needed quality time together. Yay!

Do you have any vacations coming up?

14 thoughts on “Friday Free-For-All – 03/04/16

Well, our big Disney vacation had to be cancelled, and I’m not going to Boston, but we are going to NYC the last weekend of April, and I am so excited! I’ve only been back once (and for less than 24 hours) since I graduated. I need to go back. Through and through.

Yay for date night! So good and important to reconnect!

We don’t have any vacation plans – need to figure out what the kids are doing, how much two kids in college will cost us in the fall, and so on …

Your plans sound great – loads of fun places and things to do!

Glad the shoes are working well – that is always a concern that changing cushion and drop can alter your stride/gait and mess with you. This change sounds really good for you!

I can’t imagine having two kids in college–everybody in different places and on different schedules. Crazypants! I hope you guys get to do a nice little getaway sometime soon.

3. Brittany says:

As gross as not being able to spend quality time with a SO can be- I love how much better it makes date nights!!
    I do have a vacation planned- my honeymoon! I’m going to Mexico (Riviera Maya) for the first time and I am SO excited :0D

4. irishrunnerchick says:

A trip to Europe this summer to visit the homeland AKA Ireland and then off to Belgium for some beer tasting. It’ll be two years since we’ve seen our families in person so I’m super excited.

No numb toes is definitely a plus!! I can’t believe it’s March already either. Seriously, where does time go??