Friday Free-For-All – 03/11/16

I am SO excited that Daylight Savings Time starts this weekend. Yes, losing an hour of sleep will be a bummer, but having the extra daylight after work is SO clutch now that my mileage is really ramping up. Up till now, most of my weeknight runs have been pushed to the treadmill because it would get dark too early (or because I’m a weenie in the cold). Now, it will be a lot easier and more pleasant to complete those shorter runs outside.

Starting today, Mary Poppins rehearsals will be increasing dramatically in frequency. In case you missed my little freakout post yesterday, here’s what’s up: Until now, I’ve been averaging one, maybe two rehearsals a week. Now, it will probably be Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 6:45-10 and Sundays from 12:45-5 every week until the show opens. And the show opens in three weeks. THREE. WEEKS! Where did the time go? With ever-increasing mileage and now more rehearsals, it’s about to get REAAAALLLY busy up in here. I just need to grit my teeth and hold on until April 11.

Thankfully, this week is another little cutback week. While my mid-week, shorter runs are continuing to get longer and more intense, I “only” have to run ten miles for my long run tomorrow. Ha. “Only” 10 miles. Who am I and how is it normal to use the phrase “only” when describing a 10 mile run? Marathon training is crazy…

On a lighter note, the weather for my long run tomorrow is looking picture perfect. Mid-50’s and sunny. I can’t even tell you how happy this makes me. Lately my long runs have all been done in the cold and with little sun. I’m looking forward to getting my Vitamin D on.

Are you excited about the time change?

13 thoughts on “Friday Free-For-All – 03/11/16

Always excited about time change, because I feel like it is when the rest of the world catches up with the time zone that I am already on! Hang in there, you have a lot on you plate, I know, but just enjoy each run as they come. And if you need to take a day, take a day!

For me I am not a fan of daylight savings … just leave the clocks alone! 🙂

Worse yet, for me as a pre-dawn runner, right around now is when I start seeing the dawn break as I finish my runs, so losing that hour means full darkness for a couple more weeks before things catch up. Since this winter was pretty mild, it isn’t such a big deal …. but the last couple of ‘Polar Vortex’ winters losing that light is like having a Dementor suck all the joy out of the world … 🙂

That’s definitely the one hard thing. Right now, when I wake up, there’s light, and that helps me get up. The next couple of weeks of morning darkness will definitely be a bummer.

3. Rebecca Royy says:

Ditto txa1265. It feels like I’m loosing a little bit of morning hope right when it was starting to emerge

I can’t wait for Daylight Savings- it’s been a bright spot all week. And now that I don’t have to stress about my race on Sunday and making sure I didn’t miss it due to the time change means I can really enjoy it -ha! That rehearsal schedule is intense- make sure you have time to breathe! And sleep. Have a great weekend!

Ugh, I am NOT excited about the time change. I’d probably feel differently if I were running often in the evenings, but I’ve either been treadmilling it or running in the morning. So I’m sad about losing an hour of sleep AND having to wake up and drag my ass to the bus stop in the dark, when it’s been pleasantly light when I get up lately. Boo!