Friday Free-For-All – 04/01/16

FFFA (1)

Mary Poppins opens tonight! It’s been a long, stressful week, but now we finally get to have an audience. I’m pumped. Call me an attention whore if you will, but being onstage in front of an audience is the best feeling in the world. I can’t wait!

Holy crap, it’s April! How did that happen? This past year has just been a total blur. It seems like the older I get, the faster time goes by. How do I make it slow down??

I ran 99.6 miles in the month of March. Iย intended to go out for a runch yesterday so I could break the 100 mile mark, but I was just too tired. This number breaks my heart a little bit just because I was SO CLOSE, but I’m still really proud of how many miles I ran this month. We’re a third of the way through the year, and I’ve already run 231 miles. If I keep this up, I will smash last year’s total, and I couldn’t be more excited!

I still haven’t heard from Fleet Feet about the shoes I ordered.ย As of tomorrow it will have been exactly two weeks, and nothing. I’ve been so busy with work and rehearsals I haven’t been able to call them to check in, but suffice to say, this is sort of sealing the deal for me on not buying shoes there again ๐Ÿ˜ฆ I’m trying to decide if I should just go ahead and order some shoes online just so I get some in time to break in and wear for the marathon.

How was your March?

What do you think, should I order some insurance shoes?

12 thoughts on “Friday Free-For-All – 04/01/16

WTF is up with Fleet Feet? I could have made them for you by now… Hang in there, I know there is a lot going on, but just remember, you got this!

Thanks, lady. I’m hoping I can make some time to call them this weekend. I’m seriously living for tomorrow morning, when I can sleep until the luxurious hour of 9 am!

I would order the backups … heck, I have 50 miles on my Nike Frees that I ordered AFTER you from RunningWarehouse – and I’m alternating with the Sauconys! UGH!

Excited to read reports about Mary Poppins! I don’t think it is an attention thing – there are things called ‘sap & zap’, and it is important in our lives to discover what ‘saps’ our energy versus what ‘zaps’ us full of energy! Performing energizes you – and brings joy to others. Why diminish that?

Great month of running! I think you are doing awesome, and am thoroughly enjoying all of the ups and downs and normal stresses of marathon training and know you’re going to kill it!

April? Yeah, crap – where did YOU come from?!?!

3. Hanna @ TheMillennialNextDoor says:

99.6 miles is basically 100 (it rounds up!), so congrats!! ๐Ÿ™‚

That sucks about the shoes. I went back and re-read your linked post and based on that, I would just cut your losses and buy a “back up” pair online. 2 weeks is a long time – either something got messed up or they forgot about you. Use the in-store credit to treat yourself to a cute new running outfit or stock up on fuel. Either way, if your marathon isn’t until May 29th, I think that gives you more than enough time to break in a new pair! Good luck, and sorry you had such a rotten experience ๐Ÿ˜ฆ Local stores are supposed to be the good guys!

I just called them–they totally forgot to order the shoes ๐Ÿ˜ There’s no record of my asking for them at all. They’re ordering them now and they should be here by the weekend, but I’m definitely not a happy camper…

4. irishrunnerchick says:

Fleet Feet suck! Check out runningwarehouse.com for deals. Nice job on the mileage – you are bringing it this year! And break a leg – at Mary Poppins – not literally with running.