Manic Monday -4/4/16

Vermont City Marathon Training Week 12
What Was Planned vs. What Happened

Monday 03/28/16: 40 Min. Easy RunRest
I was too tired to get up any earlier than I absolutely had to, and I didn’t have time to run between work and rehearsal, so this was a rest day.

Tuesday 03/29/16: 4 x 800 | Rest
Yeah, that didn’t happen. I was exhausted and stayed in bed as long as possible.

Wednesday 03/30/16: Rest | 4 x 800 Runch
I had to drag myself out the door for this one, but when I finally got out there, I felt good. Intervals are always my favorite, and I finished 4.5 miles at a 10:13 overall pace.

Thursday 03/31/16: 45 Min. Easy Run + Strides | Rest
The theme of this week was “rest.” I was absolutely exhausted after being at the theatre late late late every night.

Friday 04/01/16: Rest | Rest
Opening night of Mary Poppins! It went great, and we had our traditional opening night party. I stayed out WAY too late for how tired I was.

Saturday 04/02/16: 45 Min. Easy Run + Strides | Rest
I slept as long as I could before heading to the theatre for a two show day. Ouch.

Sunday 04/03/16: 10 Miles Easy | 7.25 Miles @ 10:56 Pace
We had a matinee, so I decided to sleep in the morning, and attempt to run afterwards. I only made it 7.25 miles, but considering the week I had, that’s still an accomplishment.

Weekly Mileage: 11.75
Total 2016 Mileage: 238

That was a tough week because of all the rehearsals and shows, so I’m hoping to get back on track this week. The bummer is that the weather has taken a decidedly wintery turn, so it’s back to bundling up. Yuck.

How is the weather near you?

16 thoughts on “Manic Monday -4/4/16

1. veryrach says:

I feel like spring came out waaayyy to early and now it’s like “wait!! I wasn’t QUITE done with winter yet!” Sounds like you had an exhausting week!

The weather is a little all over the place out here. Warm, then freezing, humid then crazy wind. Just pick one! You had a crazy, insane week and you still got in miles- nice! Do you have more shows this weekend?

Thanks, Fallon! Yes, more shows this weekend–Thursday and Friday nights, two shows on Saturday, and a matinee on Sunday. Then we have to tear the whole set down and move it out of the theatre, which is why I took MOnday off!

No lie, I read that you “had a manitee” not a “matinee.” I got really excited and very confused. These next weeks are going to be tough, but that is why you have me. I am but a phone call or text or email away, ok?

Bahaha, a manatee would be WAY more exciting than a matinee, although I’m not sure where I’d keep it… And thanks, Suz. I’m actually feeling a lot better today after two solid nights of sleep.

Seriously you are doing a fantastic job with everything! Hope your busy schedule winds down soon. Good luck in all your shows!!

And the weather is driving me nuts! It’s way too cold for April this week. I had to wear TWO pairs of gloves on my run this morning.