Manic Monday – 07/18/16

Manic Monday

Leaf Peepers Half Marathon Training Week 1
What Was Planned vs. What Happened

Monday 07/11/16: Yoga | Walk @ Lunch
Working at Athleta has complicated my training schedule a bit. My shifts are all over the place, so it’s hard to keep to a regular training schedule. I like doing yoga on Mondays, but I’ve been working Monday nights a lot. I still managed to get a 3ish mile walk in on lunch, though, which is better than nothing.

Tuesday 07/12/16: 4 Miles + Arms | 4 Miles @ 10:02 Pace + Arms
I woke up and did my run before work, then did arms in the evening. I’m starting to really like morning runs, it’s just hard sometimes to pull myself out of bed.

Wednesday 07/13/16: Yoga or Spin | 3ish Mile Walk
I was feeling really tired on Tuesday night, so I made the conscious decision not to get up before work for a class. And since we had date night scheduled, an after work class was out too. I opted to go for a nice walk at lunch instead.

Thursday 07/14/16: 6 x 400 | 1 Mile w/u + 6 x 400
It was a very humid morning, but by keeping my warm up and recovery pace nice and slow, I was able to complete all of my intervals within 15 seconds of my 5k race pace, and my last one was my fastest, which is something I always strive for.

Friday 07/15/16: RestRest
I knew I had a very early wakeup on Saturday morning, so I took it easy on Friday and went to bed extra early.

Saturday 07/16/16: Roller Coaster 10k | Roller Coaster 10k
Recap coming soon!

Sunday 07/17/16: 8 Miles | Rest
I ended up pretty dehydrated and exhausted on Saturday, plus I had to work 7 hours at Athleta on Sunday, so I decided not to run.

Weekly Mileage: 14.17
Total 2016 Mileage: 435.1

All in all not a bad week, but it’s time to start getting serious about long runs again.

14 thoughts on “Manic Monday – 07/18/16

Not a bad week – and won’t spoil the Lake George result before you recap, but I seriously can’t wait for the full write up!

Also still find the Instagram timeline tweak annoying in that it no longer does things chronologically, so that your finish was about twenty entries lower than your start! Ugh!

• Rae says:

Yeah, I’m really angry with that change to IG. I just don’t understand why they think I wouldn’t want things to be chronological. Makes no sense!

• txa1265 says:

I think they need to have an option in the settings, something like:

X – Yes you are smarter than me, arrange things however you see fit.
        Y – No, leave me and my feed the F alone and just put stuff in chronological order, thanks.

🙂

Nice! I’ve been trying to walk more at lunch too. It’s been so bloody hot lately though that I’ve had to walk the halls instead, and that’s nowhere near as nice. Ah well. And to be a total lurker on Mike’s comments above, I’m also not a fan of the Instagram feed change! My feed is all over the place.

• Rae says:

It’s been really hot here too. I’ve had to cut a couple of my walks short because I just couldn’t stand to be outside any longer.

• dgobs says:

Walking outside right now feels like walking into an oven! Hopefully it will calm down a little so we can have our pleasant walks back 🙂

• Rae says:

Thankfully working at a part time job a couple of shifts a week is less of a commitment than doing a show, so it almost doesn’t feel that bad!