Weekend Update: CrossFit, Cooking, and Rehearsal

Good morning, lovies! It’s Monday morning, and all of our network drives are down, meaning I literally cannot do any work. Wheee! I’m drinking some tea, bullet-journaling, and trying to massage my very sore quads. Let’s take a look at what I got up to this weekend, shall we?

Friday

I had rehearsal until 10 on Friday night, and when I got home, Ben, Emily, and my mother in law were out at a nice little bonfire in the yard, so I changed into some warm clothes, grabbed a beer, and joined them for a few minutes. They were actually about to head inside when I arrived home, but it was nice to enjoy the bonfire for a bit. After that we headed straight to bed.

Saturday

I was up bright and early so I’d have time to eat before my CrossFit intro class. I was pretty nervous all morning, but managed to get there on time with minimal stressing out. I’ll write a larger post on this later this week, but I actually kind of liked it, and will likely be giving it a chance for a month or two.

After I got home, I showered, did laundry, and cleaned up our room a bit, and then basically spent the rest of the afternoon playing Fallout 3 in my PJs. It was glorious. Emily’s friends Liz and Beck came over for dinner, and we had lasagna with salad and an amazing cheesy, garlicky bread thing, with chocolate cake for dessert. I ate way too much, but it was worth it. We ended up going to bed super early, which I think I needed. I slept like a rock until 8:30 Sunday morning.

Sunday

I knew I wanted to get some meal prep stuff done before rehearsal, so I got right up and started getting my shit together. I made a huge batch of beans and rice that I divided up into containers for the rest of the week. It didn’t make quite as much as I was hoping, but I should have enough to cover lunches and dinners on rehearsal days in case there aren’t leftovers to snag.

Then it was Nine to Five rehearsal from 1 until 5 pm. I was pretty sore from CrossFit, so dancing and stretching out felt good. Rehearsal was a blast, and I feel really good about my role and the stuff I get to do. They ended up releasing us about 15 minutes early, which was excellent, because I was meeting Ben and the family at some friends’ house for dinner, and it was a bit of a drive.

I arrived at Chris and Jeff’s only about 10 minutes after everyone else, and enjoyed a really nice evening of delicious food, drink, and conversation. We were home by 9:30 and in bed by 10, ready for another week.

This will be my first full week of work in almost three weeks, so I’m anticipating a rough go of it. If my computer issues this morning are any indicator, it’s going to be VERY rough. But I have a few nice things to look forward to this week, so I’m just trying to buck up and deal.

When’s the last time you had a bonfire?

14 thoughts on “Weekend Update: CrossFit, Cooking, and Rehearsal

Sounds like a good weekend! I can’t remember the last time I was in the vicinity of a bonfire… maybe never?! We were invited to one when I was visiting friends in Colorado a few months back, but I wasn’t sure if my pregnant-bloodhound nose would have been able to handle the lingering smoke smell afterwards 😦

• Rae says:

Oh man, I love bonfires, and we have them pretty regularly. There’s just something so primitively satisfying about being next to a huge, roaring outdoor fire πŸ™‚

Definitely weird having a full week again – it has been four weeks since our last one! πŸ™‚

We do have a wood firepit, but only had one or two fires this year, because we also bought a nice gas fire table, which was awesome and we used into October, then took in all of our patio stuff.

But – we also have a gas fireplace … and THAT has been getting plenty of use!

Glad rehearsals are going well and sounds like a great weekend!

• txa1265 says:

Oh, and on the gaming front, I had been playing Skyrim (and Doom and the new Deus Ex), but then went back and installed ‘No One Lives Forever’ 1 & 2 and have been thoroughly enjoying those! They are from 2000 and 2002, sort of James Bond type British spy games with a female protagonist (who is awesome). Sadly they are not on Steam or GOG or anywhere else …

• Rae says:

OMG Ben LOVES NOLF! He played it a lot growing up and talks about it all the time. I think he might still have the disks somewhere… If not, that would be a great present for his birthday πŸ™‚

Yeah, I hear you on the full week doldrums. How is only Monday and we have 4 days to go? We can get through it! Sorry about the computer issues, our network likes to freeze all too often. Looking forward to the crossfit post!

• Rae says:

Our network goes down fairly frequently as well, just having it happen the Monday of our first full week in a few weeks sucked. The good news is, I have MLK day off, so I get another four day week next week!