Friday Free-For-All – 11/03/17

Photo Jul 14, 10 05 37 AM

Why does buying a house have to be so damn complicated and stressful? Long story short, we put in an offer on a house Monday night, and should have had an answer Wednesday morning. Things are more complicated than they first appeared, and as of this writing, we still do not have an answer one way or the other. It sounds like things should become clear soon, but DAMN this is killing us!

I am SO GRATEFUL for electricity and running water. Due to the wind storm, we didn’t have power or running water at home from Sunday night through Wednesday afternoon. You never realize just how much you take things like that for granted until they are gone. And we’re actually among the lucky ones, as I have some friends who still don’t have power!

I’m home alone this weekend. Sadly, Ben’s Uncle Lou passed away last week, and the memorial service is in upstate New York this weekend. Due to a lack of vacation time, I opted to stay home. While I’ll miss seeing Ben’s extended family and saying goodbye to Uncle Lou, me staying home means that we don’t have to hire a pet sitter for the weekend, so I’m trying to look on the bright side. This memorial will also likely be Irish wake style, so I’m saving my liver some damage as well.

My office now has a shiny red Swingline stapler. Yep, just like Milton from Office Space. Apparently, the office manager got it free with her order of something else, and you’d better believe I pounced on it immediately. It gives me SO MUCH JOY.

57ced8b263393bfcc559fc398afcf4a7--office-space-meme-office-humor

Catch me giving this look to anyone who tries to “borrow” my stapler.

Do you have a favorite piece of office decor/equipment?

8 thoughts on “Friday Free-For-All – 11/03/17

Oh wow – I saw Erik was without power and didn’t make the connection that you guys were also out! We lost water all morning last week due to a main break, and you’re right that it is immediately impactful!

Sorry to hear about Ben’s uncle … always rough, and hard when you can’t attend. Had that happen more than a few times 😦

And yeah, house hunting is a joyride sometimes! We were looking at houses here, and were inside one when the agent got a call that someone had put in an offer that was likely to be accepted … and we absolutely loved the house and would very likely have put in an offer ourselves! Oh well, we ended up just fine – and so will you!

I have never been big on office stuff … but have to laugh about the stapler!

• Rae says:

I LOVE my new stapler, haha. It’s the little things in life, right?

Keeping my fingers crossed that we get some closure one way or another soon. My heart can’t take this stress!

YAS to the stapler. Those suckers are hard to find ;D
    So sorry ot hear about Uncle Lou, but I hear you on the grace of not having to find or pay for pet sitting and boarding. We are having to basically do that as if we were on vacation when we aren’t because of my crutchlife status. It is freaking annoying.
    We haven’t bought a house yet, but apartment hunting is bad enough, and I’ve watched enough friends buy houses to know that the STRUGGLE IS SO REAL. Fingers crossed for you!

• Rae says:

Thanks, lady! All things considered, we haven’t even been at this very long, so if we do end up getting this house, we will have been VERY fortunate.

Sending ALL the healing vibes your way. I can’t even imagine how frustrating all of this must be. ❤

Sorry to hear about your loss.
    I can’t imagine being without power that long, I don’t know what I would have done. I used to have a fancy green stapler my mom gave me from the Pottery Barn but it finally gave up the ghost after years of abuse. 😛

• Rae says:

Yeah, being without power for a few days was definitely a pain, but we got through it ok. Just makes me even more grateful to have electricity and running water on a regular basis!

4. veryrach says:

LOL Red Stapler!! too funny. We have a holiday tree at our office that I love. It’s just a fake Christmas tree that we keep up all year long and decorate for every holiday. Right now it’s still on Halloween… aka spider webs, fake spiders, and ghost lights! It’s really cool