How exciting! Abby, The Secret Life Coach of DC, has nominated me for a Liebster Award! I’m very excited because she’s one of the first Running/Healthy Lifestyle blogs I found when I started this blog, and she’s fantastic. So, thank you, thank you, thank you for the nomination! I have to say, I’ve really been enjoying this round of Liebster awards, because it’s led me to some awesome blogs!
What is it and how does it work?
The Liebster Award is intended to help you discover exciting new blogs, and also to help generate followers for newer blogs. There are a few rules to follow:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you (thanks again, Abby!)
- Answer the 11 questions they came up with
- Nominate 11 other blogs with less than 500 followers
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- Tag your nominees and notify them
Here are my answers to Abby’s questions:
1. What are your three favorite things to do in your down time?
I love reading, watching TV, and doing my nails. I repaint them all the time and love finding new colors and designs
2. What is your life motto?
“It will all work out somehow.” Maybe not the way you want it to or the way you expect it to, but things usually come together, especially if you work hard toward something.
3. What is your dream job?
I grew up thinking that I wanted to be a Broadway performer. And sure, if somebody approached me right now and said, “Hey, we want you to star in our new show on Broadway,” I’d probably go for it. But barring that unlikely scenario, it’s too much work and too much pain for not enough payoff. These days I’m actually thinking I’d like to be some kind of fitness instructor/personal trainer/yoga teacher or something like that. But I pretty much have no idea what I want to be when I grow up.
4. If you described yourself as a color, what color would you be and why?
Orange, which is also my favorite color. Overall it’s a bright, happy color. It has a broad range of shades , and I feel like I can be any of those shades–cool, calm and chic pumpkin, or loud and annoying neon–it just depends on the day.
5. If someone wrote a book about your life up until now, what would the title be?
What a great question! Too bad I don’t have a clever answer. Ummm… Beer Burps? Yeah, that’s right, I burp. A lot. Loud and long. Especially when drinking beer. Which is often.
6. Who would you choose to play you in a movie?
Toughie. Someone sort of awkward and goofy, like Emma Stone, would be awesome. That whole “Pocket Full of Sunshine” scene in Easy A is pretty much me.
7. If you could be a professional athlete, what sport would you choose to be a pro at?
Volleyball. I freakin’ love volleyball. And to be outside on the beach 🙂
8. Who do you look up to the most in life right now?
I know this is cliche, but probably my mother. She is a free spirit who is fearlessly proud to be herself, a wonderful mother, and a loving wife. Sometimes I’m embarrassed by her kookie ways, but I love that she is so honest about who she is and doesn’t give a damn what anyone thinks, and I can always count on her for good advice.
9. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I just love the supportive community I’ve found. I’m a total running newb, but I can always find information and get answers to my questions here.
10. What stores do you frequent the most (online or in-person)?
TargetTargetTargetTargetTargetTargetTargetTargetTarget. It’s a good thing I don’t live near one anymore…
11. Favorite book right now?
I got The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury for Christmas and it sort of blew me away. If you even remotely like Sci-Fi, get it. Seriously. It will make you think.
I tried really hard to nominate blogs that haven’t been nominated yet, or with not a lot of followers, but I’m sure some of you have been nominated in the meantime (Greg!).
- What’s your dream vacation destination?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
- Do you have siblings? How many?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- What is your one can’t-live-without piece of running gear/equipment/clothing?
- Have you ever traveled outside your home country? If not, where do you want most to go?
- If you won the Powerball jackpot, what’s the first thing you’d do or buy?
- What’s your favorite season?
- If you could change your name, would you? What would you change it to?
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
- What are 3 things you’re scared of?
Whee, that was fun! I hope all of my nominees have fun answering their questions–it was tough thinking up 11 questions that didn’t pull too much from other Liebster nominations I’ve seen. Please go check out their blogs–I think you’ll like what you see. And feel free to answer a question or two in the comments!